Manage communication with buyers? Not working for me.

"Manage communication with buyers" come up for me on .COM but only says "Communication with buyers" on .CA When I click on communication with buyers on .ca I get the error code "We looked everywhere looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages" Been going on for months with no offers or questions or anything from buyers. Talked to support many times to no avail. Tried auctions, BIN, giving stuff away, suggestions from support and nothing. Anyone else ever had this issue? Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Manage communication with buyers? Not working for me.

I get the same error code when I click on that in seller preferences.  But I'm not having any problems communicating with buyers and have  honestly never looked at those preferences. Have you been having problems sending messages or are you concerned about lack of sales?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi pjcdn2005, I have had no sales, offers or communication from potental buyers for at least 4 months now. I have tried everything and this is the only thing I can see that may point to the problem. I also noticed I have HTTP links in page source for my items? On another site with same items listed those item have HTTPS: Looking into that now.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

lol would not let me send the last message saying I had an HTTP link in it. Had to remove the :

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

byto253
Community Member
Have you tried a different browser? I don't think it will make a difference but is worth trying to rule it out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes tried several different browsers and get the same result.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It seem there must be some kind of glitch with any kind of communication with a buyer (excpet responding to questions which still works). I have a buyer who always leaves a sweet message for me when she purchases an item. I always send a nice message back using "Contact Buyer". I tried this morning from every which way, drop down menu with Orders, on listing itself "Contact Buyer", any way I tried just gives me the spinner. Always something going weird, argh!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ambrosa-shirley 

Although some sellers have commented on having problems with the messaging system, I don't think that messaging problems would prevent a buyer from clicking on buy it now on or of making an offer.  I rarely get questions from buyers so to me that doesn't  indicate anything.  

it's always a good idea to look at different reasons for a lack of sales. Have you actually had your listings up for 4 months? I could be wrong but it appears that you just listed them recently. It takes time to find the right person who is looking for each particular item.

Have you compared your total price (item cost + shipping) to other similar items listed on eBay to see if pricing is competitive?  

Do you have more items that you can list?  The more listings you have, the better chance of someone finding one and then looking at the rest of them.  I don't have all the answers, just making a few suggestions. 🙂

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

As others have said, I doubt that would be impacting sales. With only 10 listings (that honestly look like they're probably overpriced and in lower demand), I think you're going to struggle to make sales. As a random example, the Night Before Christmas Colouring Book (1980) that you have up for $15.99 + $5.99 shipping someone else has listed for $8.00 + $1.99 shipping (and it hasn't sold in months either). The TMNT lot of 3 mirrors (very cool btw) that you have for $150 + $35 someone sold about a year ago (at auction mind you) for $25 + $27. There's a few of an apparently complete set of 4 that have been selling in the States for $60 to $100 CAD + shipping. I'm not sure if they're the exact same ones or not though.

As far as communications go, I rarely have anyone contact me in either of my stores that combined have close to 1400 listings. I probably average one or two messages a month.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply