My Nightmare Before Easter

Again, Canada Post really messed me up on an order with a deadline.

it started like any other. Customer bought something mid-March, shipping to USA, packed, dispatched same-day.

I noticed after the end of the second business day that it still said 'Item Processed' in Winnipeg (my location) instead of that it was in the processing of moving through Customs as is the normal flow of things. 

Watched it for days, no movement. Delivery standard passed, nothing changed. Still 'Item Processed' in Winnipeg. Without alerting the buyer (no sense in making them worried if they weren't already) I called Canada Post to open a ticket and initiate a trace, hoping to flush it out from whatever conveyor belt it fell underneath.

Sure enough, two days later, the buyer messages me to ask if I knew where it was. We talk, it's friendly. I tell her I've already opened a ticket with Canada Post, they promised to get back to me in five business days. 'Can it wait five days?' I ask. 'Oh yes, We can wait five days, I only need it for Easter,' the buyer replies.

So, today, five days later, I get a message from Canada Post telling me they'd love to investigate my problem but I have to wait a full 30 days from date of mailing to open the ticket. Which is too darn late for me because my buyer needs it by the end of next week!

Meaning, now I have to send a replacement via USA XPRESSPOST to get it there in five (5) business days because that is all the time that I have left to get it there in time. The Easter Bunny is bringing it.

USA Xpresspost costs $34.71 CAD which is higher than the total value of the order in the first place.

So, I'm out $34.71 CAD. Lost a parcel. If it's found, I've no guarantee it can be recalled by CPC (?cost for this?) or rejected by the buyer and if the buyer DOES send the original back, I likely may be changed return postage.

Such a kick in the pants from Canada Post. It's a Tracked Packet. If it says 'Item Processed' for two full weeks, you know it's gone missing. FIND it! Don't tell me to keep waiting. That's just an insult.

Rant over. I get agitated when I have to part with my hard-earned money to compensate for someone else's mistake. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Feedback received is a sore point to be certain. When I began to sell on eBay, it was about 60 per cent reciprocated. Now, it's fallen to 20 percent. Or less. Buyers simply don't bother to leave feedback anymore. Whereas as a seller I always leave feedback on shipment. And because I sell on eBay, I also make sure I leave feedback for my sellers when I buy on eBay.
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Refund for the Xpresspost USA via Paypal Shipping was processed today. Requested April 6. I waited anxiously the whole time.

No feedback whatsoever from the buyer since she confirmed that she had gone to the post office and picked up her item where it waited for her there due to it being undeliverable for reasons unknown. 

Still very grateful to dutchman for suggesting that I call her local post office in the USA. I had my answer within 10 seconds and it saved me $35 CAD in postage plus a replacement item PLUS return postage on the original. This was a real lifesaver. 

Message 22 of 22
latest reply