Negative feedback on a non-sense situation

Need opinions here. Just received my first negative feedback ever and it's totally mindblowing. 

Buyer placed order on sept. 8 and it was marked as shipped same day. Only 5 business days later, he jump on sept. 16th to leave a feedback about not receiving the order... The estimated delivery time is sept. 19th - sept 26th.

I contacted the buyer and he's ghosting. I contacted ebay about the feedback removal and they said the buyer respect feedback policies. What the heck?

How a buyer is allowed to leave a negative about not receiving while we're still before estimated delivery time!? 

Capture d’écran 2023-09-17 234542.png

Ebay email reply to my feedback removal request:

Capture d’écran 2023-09-17 234508.png

  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

byto253
Community Member

Is this  a tracked shipment?  If so, after delivery shows up in tracking you can appeal the neg as not accurate since you can confirm the delivery was within the required period.  My guess is that eBay does not have confirmation of delivery so will not remove it now.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I got one of those recently.

I don't like to leave Responses but this time I did.

"Ordered 17/8/23 International sale Refunded 3/9/23 "

I also asked for it to be removed but nothing yet.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No tracking. But it still doesn't make any sense that they allow it. It's like if they would allow buyers to claim item not received cases before estimated delivery date. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I agree.  It is odd, just trying to figure out what happened for it to be allowed to stand as it is not accurate or factual.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I contacted ebay twice and they declined twice. From what i understand this is a feedback they would remove once delivered. So since it's untracked, no proof of shipment and no proof of delivery, the system is broken. I assume they do not remove those because if it's undelivered the buyer could not leave a negative anymore. My only option is to have agreement with buyer to revise the feedback. But how are we supposed to have a reasonable behavior from someone already showing he is unreasonable. The system is just broken. And this is how i get my first negative ever, by shipping same day, doing nothing wrong, prior estimated delivery or actual delivery, buyer just jumped randomly to leave negative on the first day he was allowed to, a real joke. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

So since it's untracked, no proof of shipment and no proof of delivery, the system is broken.

Not broken.

EBay is an American company and believes that the whole world operates like the USA.

USPS offers very very cheap tracking -- as little as 25c when shipping is purchased online.

And Americans are paranoid. The slightest setback and their immediate reaction is SUE!!.

The system therefore is working exactly as it is intended to.

EBay expects sellers to purchase tracking, no matter how expensive that might be. 

We non-US sellers offset that paranoia and expense first by understanding that most people are honest and second by understanding that the money we save by not tracking is greatly offset by the money we save, even if we lose the occasional INR or worse an INR to an obvious scam.

But those unwarranted negs  sting.

For a year.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

My only option is to have agreement with buyer to revise the feedback. But how are we supposed to have a reasonable behavior from someone already showing he is unreasonable. 

Think twice. I did once, and the buyer changed bad to worse. Fortunately, Ebay classified it as a feedback manipulation and removed it. Good luck!  

If you shipped by CP SP, try to add the UR tracking to the item. If you shipped as a letter, you have a problem... ...  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I understand that it could be upsetting, but you need to accept "negatives" as part of cost of doing business using untracked shipping methods... not saying you're wrong to use them, I use them too, but I accept the very occasional loss (<1%) and potential negs (luckily I have none so far).

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I would accept it if it had half of sense. Contacted multiple times, they won't remove. In facts the feedback i received is against rules, but ebay only remove it once proof of delivery is provided. The rule is broken for canadians. A buyer can't claim a INR prior estimated delivery date, there is no logic that they would allow a negative about it. Any buyer can purchase and leave a negative about not receiving, the same week he purchased... And 10 days prior estimated delivery, provided by ebay itself. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply