New Promo by Invite Only January 11-21 Auction Style

By invitation only and applies to null; do not forward. Promotion *Free insertion fee for up to 200,000 listings in the auction-style and auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added. 3, 5, 7, and 10-day listing durations are included. 10-day auction-style listings will not be charged an insertion fee, but will continue to be subject to the listing upgrade fee. Additional optional feature fees, selling limits, and final value fees for successful sales apply. Listings in two or more categories will be charged standard rates for each category after the first. Start date Saturday, January 11, 2014, at 00:00:01 Pacific Time (Eastern Time for ebay.ca) End date Tuesday, January 21, 2014, at 23:59:59 Pacific Time (Eastern Time for ebay.ca) Eligibility Only sellers invited via an email and/or a message in My eBay and whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. The Promotion is activated with the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID and is not transferable. Using the Promotion Sellers that have been invited to participate will receive the Promotional Rate when they list items with the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, and most third-party tools on www.ebay.com, www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories only), or www.ebay.ca, or with an eBay Mobile application for iOS, Android, Windows, or BlackBerry. The Promotional Rate only applies to items listed or scheduled to start during the Promotion Period. Any listings created prior to Saturday, January 11, 2014, will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. Restrictions All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply. All listings must comply with eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy. Excludes Good ’Til Cancelled and 1-day listing durations. Excluded items and categories Items: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, or Classified Ad listings. Categories: Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses. Learn more to protect yourself from spoof (fake) e-mails. eBay Inc. sent this e-mail to you at mve@oxford.net because your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive seller email promotions. If you do not wish to receive further communications like this, please click here to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can change your Notification Preferences in My eBay by clicking here. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your request. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions. Copyright © 2014 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Inc. is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
Photobucket

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Link: http://link.sell-it-now.ebay.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=PCGIEeq2ZRodEantqku70s83&msgVersion...

Keep in mind : if you are invited, you can list 200,000 listings on eBay.ca and 200,000 on eBay.com

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

LOL Pierre, I'll get right at it 😉

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Maybe a bunch of sellers should get together, open an amalgamated joint account, and maybe then get to 200,000

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I have a question, and not sure of the answer.  Are you allowed to have a fixed price item and an auction item that are the same at the same time without having any consequence of a duplicate listing?  After reading the duplicate listing it sounds like you can, as long as the auction item does not include a buy it now option.  Does anyone else have any insight in this?  Where I am going with this is, I have a lot of fixed price listings that I usually end so I can continue with the current auction promotion.  I wondered if I could keep the fixed listings but list auction items that have the same title and description as my fixed listing.  Thanks for any help on this.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

"Are you allowed to have a fixed price item and an auction item that are the same at the same time without having any consequence of a duplicate listing? "

Yes, if you have two identical items - one offered at fixed price and one offered at auction.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Thanks Pierre I appreciate the quick answer.......to think that all this time I used to end all of my fixed auctions so that I could list auction items.  Learned something new today.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Love it just used my 500 free and now i get another 200,000 .. Time to list list list ....

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I think someone mentioned this one time.

According to Promotional Offers at the bottom of my selling page, I have been invited.

Never received the invite in an email or in My Messages.

Did not do well on the Auction Promos last fall & early winter as my category was saturated.

Curious, how did everyone do on the last Auction Promo ?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

No email was received.

However, this promo showed up on my Selling Manager Pro Summary page.

and... It showed up as ....Active.....

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Same here..no invitation but promotion shows as active on my ebay page. Thanks to the OP for posting or I would have never known.

Actually...I will probably get the invitation in a day or two...that is what happened last time.

BB...Unlike some sellers, I don't have tons of extra listings to list in a promotion simply because I'm always behind in the picture taking part but in the last promotion I did do a lot of 3 and 5 day FP listings and did see a fair amount of sales on the 3rd or 5th day.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

"I did do a lot of 3 and 5 day FP listings and did see a fair amount of sales on the 3rd or 5th day."

Ditto.

And on the last day, I relisted everything at fixed price for 30 days or GTC (for multiple quantities)

Now, I am moving these fixed price listings back to auction for 3 day duration, to be repeated three times during the promotional period. I did some today and will move more tomorrow to give daily presence.

And yes, having listings end every three days does bring more viewers and more sales.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome for me as I sold so many items for over $1,000 in a week!  Much better than fixed-priced auctions that I nearly haven't sold for more than 2 weeks from time to time which is not normal comparing to a few years when I sold at least 1-2 items every day. 

And now they are offering another free listings until January 21, of course I will be posting way a lot of items to take advantage of free listings.  Hope it will be another wonderful magic for me!  I can pray and hope!!  Thanks eBay!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To Pierre, who can list 200,000/200,000 when there are way too many of us are with selling limits! 

I find it very irony that eBay needs to put us with selling limits and yet offer us free listing promos like 200,000/200,000, 50,000/50,000 or 60,000/60,000, etc.  So how the heck we can post more than we are allow when we are STUCK with selling limits posted by eBay???!!!

Whoever made the decision to stick us with the selling limits are not thinking right.  It is absurd!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

"decision to stick us with the selling limits are not thinking right.  It is absurd!"

Sorry, I do not get it.  Since the limit does not affect you, why do you care?  What makes you call it "absurd"?

You are happy to get to promote your items.  Enjoy the moment instead of finding fault that do not affect you.

There are large sellers on eBay that may list 50,000 listings over a ten day period. That should not affect you in any way.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Received an email & an eBay message tonight inviting me to take part in the promotion.

Funny it came two days after the promo started.

I guess they were busy.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I finally received an email message from eBay on Saturday, January 18th, inviting me to the "free auction listings" promotion starting a week earlier on January 11th.  The problem is not with my email server.  The same message was also delivered by eBay to "my messages" Saturday January 18th.

Why does it take eBay over a week to formally tell its sellers about a promotion to which they were "invited"?

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Showed up in My Messages a few days late also

Message 18 of 18
latest reply