New Shipping Label tool

This is a question for anyone at eBay.ca,

Has the new shipping label creation feature that was announced as part of the eBay spring update seen any progress? Since I will be moving to managed payments, I would like to use a shipping label tool that will use funds from my Managed Payment bank account, rather than PayPal, which Shippo uses today, and of course PayPal labels uses as well. Managed Payments is coming quickly, and there appears to have been no progress with the eBay feature.

This is not the first time that improvements or features announced in the eBay updates have not been reality. Is this still in the works? Is there and ETA?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Shipping Label tool

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @flyhooks4less - looking into this one now, thanks for the reminder and I'll keep you posted as I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Tyler. Has there been any word on this?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It is very disappointing to hear that the eBay.ca shipping label tool will not be ready before Managed Payments is implemented. This means I have to use a new bank account and MP with eBay. However I must continue to use PayPal or a credit card for Shippo. There is no way that I can see to have Shippo pull direct from my MP bank account.

So in essence eBay forced me to use MP but now I still have to use other payment methods for shipping labels. That is definitely poor planning on eBays part, since this is a basic feature of online sales! It is also a very poor problem response since the issue was raised in May!

Where is the customer service? If I seem a bit bitter its because I am.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi @flyhooks4less - it's understandable to feel frustrated by this, especially since we were all looking forward to an on-platform solution for labels coming last quarter. 

I wish I had a more productive or optimistic outlook to provide you other than what I gave in the chat earlier, but for the time being you are correct that there is not a way to pay for labels using pending funds once your account is activated within managed payments. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay,

Has there been any progress on this tool? I am now officially on MP and it sure would be nice to have all my fees coming out of my eBay MP bank account, not possible without an eBay shipping tool, or a way to have Shippo withdraw from the bank.

This tool was announced a very long time ago, is it ever going to happen, or is it one of those eBay announcements that never happen?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply