Non Paying Buyer - How To Put In A Complaint After 4 Days?

So I have a non paying buyer who hasn't paid or responded to my invoices.  We are now supposed to put in a complaint after 4 days so they get a strike against them & we are able to relist the item.  But I cannot find a way to Resolve the issue anywhere.  Since I have been on Managed Payments, there no longer is an option for this. Does anyone know how to do this now? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

So I have a non paying buyer who hasn't paid or responded to my invoices.  We are now supposed to put in a complaint after 4 days so they get a strike against them & we are able to relist the item.  But I cannot find a way to Resolve the issue anywhere.  Since I have been on Managed Payments, there no longer is an option for this. Does anyone know how to do this now? Thanks

AS of May 6th they supposed to cancel automatically at 4 days. See attached for specifics.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2021-spring/business.html#cancel

-Lotz

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks. I remember seeing that before but couldn't find it again. I sure hope these non-paying losers still get a strike against them.  I have no patience for them anymore. They are just time wasters.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

This doesn't read to me as an automagic cancellation, it looks like we get a message that allows us to  decide to cancel it.

In my case, I'm fine to wait, my previous settings were 32 days, I have buyers that accumulate stuff.

I'm not sure what will happen if I decide after more than the 4 days that I want to create an UID I guess I'll find out when the time comes....

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I believe if you send out an invoice manually (like a reminder) it seemed to reset my clock to 4 more days for the buyer to pay from that new invoice.

i sold soemthing a few weeks back and sent out a reminder invoice manually on lets says June 5 when it was orignally purchased on June 3. Before I sent the manual reminder invoice it said you can cancel this transaction starting June 7. After I sent the invoice it said June 9 for the new cancel date.

Maybe someone else had/seen this? but soemthing I noticed (person did pay so I didnt get to test that fully)

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It has been 5 days now with no payment & I have not received anything from eBay to cancel.  I have no option anywhere to resolve this issue.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

https://www.ebay.ca/rescenter

What happens when you hit Cancel?

Like many sellers I have automatic Blocks agains deadbeats with Strikes.

Will this "Cancel" function like the Dispute function and continue to protect sellers by giving Strikes?

tyler@ebay 

Or will any cancellation, even those agreed upon by sellers after polite adult discussions, lead to a buyer Strike?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Everything you could possibly need to know is detailed on this page (including links):

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hi 2nd time,

Sucks those buyers sometimes entice you to an offer only to end up ghosting you or ignoring you completely. I have turned off the offer feature from all my listings and made sure that 'immediate payment required' is turned on. This removes the headache of chasing after clients who committed to a purchase but have not paid yet. But it also frees up some time on providing paying customers a good transaction and experience.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

On the 5th day go to that order, click on the arrow and then on cancel order using 'item not paid for' as the reason.  

It is not automatic though I believe you can set up to be automatic.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

On the 5th day go to that order, click on the arrow and then on cancel order using 'item not paid for' as the reason.  

According to the Announcement:  "and you’ll be able to manually or automatically cancel an order if the buyer hasn’t paid after 4 calendar days. "

In the original post the option was either not available and/or happened automatically.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

According to the Announcement:  "and you’ll be able to manually or automatically cancel an order if the buyer hasn’t paid after 4 calendar days. "

In the original post the option was either not available and/or happened automatically.

-Lotz

It obviously didn't happen automatically for the op otherwise they wouldn't have written the post asking what to do.  There is no proof that it wasn't available since the op did not know that they had to cancel the transaction to get to the 'buyer hasn't paid' reason.  Also, it may have been just the 4th day, not the 5th..I'm not clear what the op meant by 'after 4 days'   If it was the 4th day after purchase, the option would not have been available.

The help pages do explain how it works and also give a link as to how to set up your preferences to automatically cancel an item after x amount of days.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=3&pos=1&query...

https://www.ebay.ca/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

https://www.ebay.ca/rescenter

What happens when you hit Cancel?

Like many sellers I have automatic Blocks agains deadbeats with Strikes.

Will this "Cancel" function like the Dispute function and continue to protect sellers by giving Strikes?

tyler@ebay 

Or will any cancellation, even those agreed upon by sellers after polite adult discussions, lead to a buyer Strike?

Hi @reallynicestamps - a transaction cancelled for the 'buyer did not pay' reason will assign them a strike, just like the old Unpaid Item Case did. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply