Out of Country buyers with a USA mailing address

I have two recent buyers who according to their profiles where outside the country one in China & the other in Mexico but have a delivery address in USA one in New York the other in Texas.  Both requesting refunds for items not received. (not large amounts, around $50.)  Looks like they set up transfer mailing to their respective countries.  Have other sellers have this thype  of issue ? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you have proof of item delivered to US address? You only have to get it to the US address, what a forwarding company does with it after that to send to another country is not on you.

I've sent several times to US addresses (forwarding) for buyers showing Thailland, Korea, China etc. on their profile but I had proof of delivery (tracking) to the US address which is the one eBay cares about. If you sent them untracked that is a different story sadly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I also get this from time to time.  As @msau4301 said, if you shipped tracked to the address provided in the ebay transaction you are good.   

If it is not tracked, or you shipped it to an address other than the one provided to you by eBay, you are out of luck.  

Bit of a tangent, but I have had a few where someone in the US wants an item shipped to another address due to a move, etc.  In that case we have agreed to cancel the sale and the buyer can then update his eBay ship to address and I relist it as an exclusive to them listing with immediate payment, and that works well. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply