Relisting discounts

Hello. I just started selling again after about a 7 year break and I have a question about relisting after buyitnow expires. Aside from having to change all my listings to offer returns, which I understand I will have to do, is there a way to automatically reduce all relistings by setting up a 10% discount, automatically?
TIA
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Relisting discounts

@gradeasurplus wrote:
Hello. I just started selling again after about a 7 year break and I have a question about relisting after buyitnow expires. Aside from having to change all my listings to offer returns, which I understand I will have to do, is there a way to automatically reduce all relistings by setting up a 10% discount, automatically?
TIA

You could run a sale. You can set it to automatically set the discounts based on lots of criteria, including how long an item has been listed for.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Relisting discounts

@gradeasurplus wrote:
TIA

Just for clarification if your listings are buy it now they will automatically renew every month on the anniversary date. Auctions have settings and rules for the similar feature. No longer sure what they are because I haven't run an auction in years. You can, as other response stated run sales (but only with a store) or either go in and update prices as you see fit or end and modify before that date. As for opening a store, really not a good value until you hit close to 250 listing. Link attached for options and benefits.

https://www.ebay.ca/sub/subscriptions

1. “Promotions Manager”: This is eBay’s tool for creating and managing CSF Promotions. This tool is available to users with an active eBay Store subscription.
  2. “Sale event + markdown”: This feature, available in Promotions Manager to all sellers with active eBay Store subscriptions, allows you to create a sale price for your listing and compare it to your original price.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Relisting discounts

Thank you.  As to the suggestion tom use calculated rate instead of flat rate shipping I'm unclear about the benefits.  Being from BC I use flat rate from here to Halifax for domestic and from here to Florida for US.  I assume that would cover most shipments? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Relisting discounts

If your item can travel by LetterMail (under 500 gr and under 2cm thick) it is easy to use Flat Rate.

Letter Mail is not tracked, but you can add Registration for $9.75 on more valuable items.

If your item is not eligible for Letter Mail, the Parcel cost is based on weight, dimensions, and destination.

It costs much more to ship from BC to NF than from BC to AB.  Never mind the territories.

Are you already signed up for a Solutions for Small Business Card?

https://sso-osu.canadapost-postescanada.ca/pfe-pap/en/registration/business

This gives you access to Expedited shipping and some discounts.

And eBay has further discounts for you- including about 50% off the cost of the Tracked ParcelUSA rate.

Flat Rate allows you to offer Free Shipping.

DON'T PANIC!

Free Shipping means you put your cost of shipping into your asking price.

Buyers love it.

Calculated looks much more "Official" which can be a benefit if your shipping has to be higher than your selling price. (For example a 525g parcel costs$8.67 to ship to the USA with tracking . Not $8.99 or even $7.99)

Shipping is hard.

Marketing is headology.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply