Remove the right click save as option from my Photographs

I would appreciate some guidance on how to remove right click option on photograph images that I'm selling.  This will then prevent potential buyer from saving the image without paying for it.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance

Regards

Mark

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Just tagging a staff for you to see if this is something eBay could do. This isn't something we as individual sellers can do to our listings AFAIK.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There may be a line of programming that can be added to a listing that will prevent a viewer of your listing from saving the photograph.

Did a search on the internet, but  the view is that the option may not be perfect, if someone knows how to bypass the block

I do remember finding such a block to save an image  with some sellers..... several years ago

We cannot add something to the image... such as the seller's ID... a recent Bay rule... used to be allowed 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

These are the current rules, but gives a seller very limited protection or recourse.

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/image-text.html#protects

I believe eBay banned watermarks approximately 2 years ago but still some sneak by the bots from time to time.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay backed off on their attempt at a no watermark policy

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Watermark-Removal-Policy-Enforcement-Update/ba-p/2780374...

To original poster:

Capturing a screen view of images is always possible, so you need to alter the image you display on ebay for protection. You can add a watermark to your image and/or use a smaller size image and/or use a lower quality image.

-..-

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A conclusion...

Watermarks are allowed.... but their use must be questioned...

Many unique photographs were taken many years ago... Also postcards, and other types images....  There may be a a time that they could be sold on eBay.... with watermarks  to prevent people from saving the images without paying..... 

Some day soon ... maybe....

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @zee-chan & @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Hi @snatcher_mark - this is a great question. There is not a readily available option to prevent this action from being taken on your listings. 

I agree with others here: the use of watermarks as well as lower resolution images may help discourage folks from taking your product!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply