Restriction

Does anyone know how long a temporary restriction to sell lasts?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Restriction

I've heard of 3, 7 or 30 day restrictions but for all I know there could be other time limits.   I would think that ebay would give that info out at the time the person was restricted??

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, all they said it was a temporary restriction.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i would call a customer service rep, and ask exactly how long, they should be able to see it on your account.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@pinetreecottage wrote:

Does anyone know how long a temporary restriction to sell lasts?

Hi @pinetreecottage - in a situation where there is a restriction we should stipulate in the email message to you the duration. Typically it could be anywhere from 3 days to 30. 

If you aren't able to find the duration in the email, I suggest contacting Customer Support so they can get you that info. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Is it possible that you received a ruse message, like phishing? Or have you seen it on your account too?

Most of the time those 'urgent-action required' phishing-scam messages come from paypal but I did once get one claiming to be from another ebay member, a long, long time ago. It threatened some kind of sanction and had a link to click to fix the problem (don't!) but it was poorly worded and too vague to be taken seriously.

It's that lack of detail in the message that you received which raises my red flag. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply