Ship to Locations on .ca and .com

I have set up separate ship to locations on .ca and .com as I sell differenet merchandise on the 2 sites under 1 ID.

Checking things today due to an email, I can't set up different ship to locations on each site any more. What I set for .ca  now also applies to ,com and vice versa.

I am dreaming and only thought they could be set up separately or is this a change or another glitch I have not heard of. I have always had different ship to locations for each site.

Any one else selling on both from 1 ID? If so, please have a look at both and see what you have.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"separate ship to locations on .ca and .com"

What exactly do you mean?

Do you ship some items (from whatever site, it does not matter) to Canada and the USA

and other items to worldwide (with or without exceptions)

or do you mean something else

Each listing - whether listed on eBay.ca or eBay.com -  can have whatever "ship to" locations you wish in addition to "domestic" (determined by the site where you list; eBay.ca: Canada ; eBay.com: USA)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What I see using the Advanced Seller Form is:

eBay.CA has 2 sections:

Domestic (for Canada) with up to 4 shipping choices

and International (for USA and everybody else) with up to 5 shipping choices (6 if you count ask for a cost)

eBay.COM has 2 sections:

Domestic (for United States) with up to 4 shipping choices

and International (for Canada and everybody else) with up to 5 shipping choices (6 if you count ask for a cost)

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I ship on .com to the US and Canada only. I ship on .ca worldwide with exclusions.

It is not the shipping itself that is the issue.

The issue is I set up .com to exclude everything but the US and Canada.

I set up .ca to sell to Canada, the US, and worldwide with exclusions.

If I remember, as I have had no issues as they were separate on .com and .ca.

Now, all of a sudden, every thing on .ca and .com shows the shipping as it was set up on .ca and all the settings on .com are now exactly the same as on .ca including all my listings on both.

I can no longer set up separate ship to locations on each site under my ID.

Does this help to clarify the situation?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Look at one of my currency listings and one of my token listings and you will see how it should be set up, and always was until today. I have fixed everything using bulk edits on TL but it will not set then up separately on Ebay using ship to locations under site preferences

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Up until the last year, I rarely excluded any countries and when I did, I set up it on the listing itself,  not in site preferences. I was always under the assumption though that if I excluded countries in site preferences in .ca then those same countries would be excluded when I listed on .com.  I thought that was how it worked because anything else that I've set up in site preferences has automatically updated or carried over to site preferences on .com.  As far as I knew it couldn't ever be done BUT I haven't ever tried to do it so I could be wrong.

I'm not positive but I think that you can set up shipping in business policies in both $US and $C dollars so that the business policies in $C would work on the .ca site and vice versa. But I don't know if you can set up 'ship to' preferences in business policies. Poco or someone else who has worked with business policies would probably know that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I set each one up separately on the listings and then will be using each one as a template depending on site. Less mess around and I guess just one more thing to watch for.

I only ship to countries where I can get insurance for as a personal preference.

I will use ship to locations per listing instead of per Ebay and just not use the Site preferences at all.

Fortunately, it was easy to fix on TL using bulk edit.

Now if they would fix TL so it quits crashing, I would be much happier.

Just finished dealing with the Microsoft forced Windows 10 which was a much bigger headache!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply