Shipping Shirts

Hello, I am from Canada and have never sold clothes on ebay before. Which would be the best way to ship a shirt, in a box or bubble mailer. And also with UPS or Canada Post, I tried the CP shipping calculator just to see what kind of price I would get, and CP seemed very expensive. It seemed to be cheaper to ship to the U.S.A than to western Canada.  Any help.  Thnaks!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping Shirts

Bubble mailer will reduce weight and could keep you in a lower weight classification for postage. You are cheaper with CP. Yes. it is cheaper to mail to the USA than Canada.

Clothes is just about the most difficult category to sell in. It is swamped with product.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping Shirts

Yes, bubble & poly mailers are great but try to find them at under fifteen cents per mailer when bought in bulk.

This is a Very Competitive Category & your overhead must be very low to survive.

Best Advice, buy in bulk & try to keep your item cost south of three dollars.

Check the Completed Listings in the category you wish to sell in & price accordingly.

In my category, the days of pre-owned shirts, unless they are very unique, garnering Big Bucks are over. These shirts have been in a downward spiral the last three years.

Shipping rates must be competitive with USPS Rates. Be prepared to lower shipping costs two to three dollars.

Offset the cost by adding the shipping loss to your item price if possible. 

Don't be discouraged at the beginning if things don't work out the way you envisioned, It does take a while to get established.

Best of Luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply