Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

When is E-bay going to stand up for Sellers

Could you please eleborate?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I have been selling on E-bay for more then 13 years and this spring I had a customer (buyer) purchase 7 items and bid on 3 and not pay for them and then after me waiting 2 weeks for payment he leaves me negative feedgack and low star ratings

This put me in a BELOW STANDARD  status and I have been trying to get is overturned since May.  I did nothing wrong - I sent the product they pay for in great condition. 

I was told to contact my buyer and try to work this out but he  will not reply to me or e-bay customer service. 

IT's time e-bay stood up for BUYERS 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

LAST LINE  - Should read i't time E-bay stood up for SELLERS

Buyers get all the breaks now. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I see green mints by some of those feedback comments.  Are those the items that the buyer didn't pay for in the first place?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ummm -- open Unpaid Item Disputes for all the unpaid items.

When he still doesn't pay, he gets Strikes  and the feedback will be removed. You may have to remind eBay to do this.

As an added bonus, the Strikes will prevent him from bidding with many (most?) sellers since we have our Seller Preferences set to automatically Block bidders with Strikes.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Ummm -- open Unpaid Item Disputes for all the unpaid items.

When he still doesn't pay, he gets Strikes  and the feedback will be removed. You may have to remind eBay to do this.

As an added bonus, the Strikes will prevent him from bidding with many (most?) sellers since we have our Seller Preferences set to automatically Block bidders with Strikes.

Psst, Femmefan.  The sales in question date back to April.

But I guess the seller will now know this for next time.

Oh, and as "bonuses" are things that are added, you don't need to refer to an "added" bonus.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why should we "have to remind" eBay to remove the negative feedback for those unpaid item buyers???  Why not automatically removed when open unpaid item disputes, that should save time on both ends, not having to make us to call eBay, when the customer service is horrible.

In fact, with another account I still have 18 blaring negatives and the person at customer service promised they would be removed and I waited 4 weeks and called again only to find out that there were no notes on my files!!  And now that person said cannot promise even they should have already removed them in the first place and it is now 5 months!!  What a tragedy this eBay customer service is doing to sellers.  Yes eBay needs to stand up for the sellers, period!!!!  No questions!!  eBay come on!!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Why should we "have to remind" eBay to remove the negative feedback for those unpaid item buyers???

Because sometimes the system doesn't work properly.

But, if it's a problem for you, you can let the negs remain.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The Fall Seller Update may addresses this problem... for future situations

Many situations outlined with respect to feedback in that update....

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That's a great sugestion - I will do that in the future. But for now I am still out of luck. It a shame that e-bay doesn't action for sellers. 99.9% of my customers are SUPER and I always give the best service possible. So I guess I wasn't expecting such a rotton customer to mess up my record.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Be proactive again, send a message to Kalvin & hopefully he could offer some assistance.

I have only had a couple of dealings with .ca in the past but both have garnered postive results.

Good Luck.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@izzisaunt wrote:
That's a great sugestion - I will do that in the future. But for now I am still out of luck. It a shame that e-bay doesn't action for sellers.

While I sympathise for your plight, I should point out that Femmefan did show you that eBay will act for sellers.  You just have to do your part in a timely fashion.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

OP, one (1) problem in 13 years and your world is caving in? Think about that. You want a perfect world? It isn't this one. You want to win, all the time, no matter what? That does not happen anywhere.

I am quite satisfied with what eBay provides.eBay has stood up for me many times. eBay has provided me with a platform and the tools to make it work.

Does the system work perfectly all the time? No. Please point out a system, anywhere in this world that does.

You are making this personal. Business is never personal. Separate the two.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@inuk_the_polar_bear wrote:

I am quite satisfied with what eBay provides.eBay has stood up for me many times. eBay has provided me with a platform and the tools to make it work.

In the few times I had a problem, eBay has stood up for me too. And I want to thank Raphaël for his great help when I encountered some bad apples when I first began selling here. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 15
latest reply