Shipping to and from Europe???

Is anyone shipping to Europe right now, and if so, what countries are you shipping to, and are you having or noticing any delays or problems getting stuff there?  If you have ordered stuff from Europe, are you experiencing any delays getting it delivered here?  

I am shipping to UK and Germany right now, and having limited to no issues getting stuff to Germany currently (knock on wood), and have sold quite a bit to the UK, of which one appears to have been delayed a bit (15 business days and counting to suburban London, normal range is 5 - 10 days).  Customer seems a bit trigger happy so that may be the real issue on that one.  

Just looking for the experiences of other sellers.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've had good results shipping to Germany, UK & Italy, slow service to France, very slow to Spain.

I've also shipped to a few other western European countries, haven't heard from buyers so I don't really know the results.

Other parts of the world have definitely been slow but by how much I do not know since the amount of feedback received continues to drop.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A few weeks ago a French customer could not buy, and was being told that Canada Post was not shipping to France.

Investigation showed that neither France nor Canada was banning the other's postal shipping.

I went to a higher priced service, which allowed him to pay, actually used the lower priced service we initially had agreed on, then refunded the difference in cost.

Worked fine, he got his book. 

Please note that philately is a "handshake" hobby. Trust and honour are important and expected.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

weird. I had one France French and one Romanian customer get thru my blanket ban this past week. No idea how, but they did. Others have posted the same happening to them as well.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Huh, the customer I mentioned above (in my alter ego) was a Rumanian living in France.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply