Unpaid items not showing in resolution centre.

I had 2 auctions close 5 days ago. Neither bidder has responded to emails. The so-called resolution centre says I haven’t sold any items!  Now what do I do?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@grannio204 wrote:

I had 2 auctions close 5 days ago. Neither bidder has responded to emails. The so-called resolution centre says I haven’t sold any items!  Now what do I do?

96 hours (4 days) from when the auction ended.

For example an auction ended December 1 at 4:00pm would allow an Unpaid to be opened December 5 at 4:01pm.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks much for the clarificatiion ...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

OK. I have filed a resolution thing and eBay advises to check back between Dec 9 and sometime in January, next year. Does this mean I have to wait another month or so before I can sell the item?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You can list your item again after you close the unpaid item case. You can do that in 4 days (96 hours).

You have to close it, ebay will not do that for you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This is not the eBay I remember from the good old days. Get this ... on the right hand side of my sellers page it says I have zero unsold items in the last 60 days, and on the left hand side of the same page, it says I have 57 unsold items! This site us so messed up. Can’t even post non-paying bidder in feedback (to warn other sellers, which I thought was the whole point of the feedback system) - you have to go through their idiot resolution process and wait 30 days to see what happens. And, it takes way too long to get your money out of paypal.

Rant over - no more selling here for me. Now, buying stuff on the other hand ...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@grannio204 wrote:

This is not the eBay I remember from the good old days. Get this ... on the right hand side of my sellers page it says I have zero unsold items in the last 60 days, and on the left hand side of the same page, it says I have 57 unsold items! This site us so messed up. Can’t even post non-paying bidder in feedback (to warn other sellers, which I thought was the whole point of the feedback system) - you have to go through their idiot resolution process and wait 30 days to see what happens. And, it takes way too long to get your money out of paypal.

Rant over - no more selling here for me. Now, buying stuff on the other hand ...

As mentioned on another of your threads you do not need to wait 30 days -- you can close the dispute after 4 days (96 hours from when you opened it). The 30 days is if you don't bother doing anything -- do not wait that long.

Some buyers are slow to pay. Which is why eBay allows 96 hours before you can open a UID and another 96 hours before you close it. And some buyers do pay when the UID is opened (about 50% in my experience).

Most of my Buy-It-Now (BIN) items are set to Immediate-Payment (except when I have local pickup allowed) to avoid non-payment. With immediate payment set for a BIN listing eBay only allows the sale to happen when the buyer pays.

You need a different mindset when selling than what you use when buying.

-..-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply