Voiding Shipping Labels

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck voiding shipping labels lately?

Back a few years ago there was never an issue with voiding labels until one day, I had a label which was for an overseas package with no tracking (International Parcel - Air). I didn't print on time and had to void and create new label. After several weeks of waiting I finally had to contact someone (can't remember if it was someone at Paypal or Canada Post but I think it was the latter). They told me that they did not refund shipping labels with no tracking number, as they cannot prove if they were used or not due to no tracking. He ended up refunding me my money but told me to be careful, as from now on they could only refund on a tracked label. 

After that issue it seemed like any voided label would take several weeks for refund, and I would only get refunded because I would grow impatient and open a case through Paypal. Paypal would step in and give me my money back. However, several weeks ago I had to void a label and still hadn't gotten refund, so when I went to open a case against Paypal it said something along the lines of "Paypal is not investigating these transactions anymore". So now I can't get Paypal to step in when Canada Post takes several weeks to reply to void request. At this point, I might get my money back, but it looks like I probably won't? I think I voided that label at the beginning of March! and it was a tracked label.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Voiding Shipping Labels

I haven't voided a label in a quite a while but when I did void a PP label it took weeks to process.   As far as not being able to void s small packets  label, they should be able to tell if it has been used now as it has a bar code and is scanned at the postal outlet.   I wonder though if it is just dropped in a box if it gets scanned at the sorting center or anywhere else in Canada.  If it does, they should be able to see it internally.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Voiding Shipping Labels

Even though it is technically considered untracked, it still should be in the system for billing purposes. If you were to "accidentally" use a label twice, CP would bill you. As for credits, unsure for PayPal. With Shippo is a credit and takes about 10 business days to process. With CP it is either a cheque or a refund to the CC on file. With Shippo in the USA it's a refund in the 10 business days. Sometimes you need to remind them with a quick note to see something happen.

Unable to see if there is anything in place or how 1 is supposed to proceed when a return label is required.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 3
latest reply