What happens if a return gets lost in the mail?

What happens if someone from US buys something from you, then decides it wasn't the way they expected it to be, then starts a return. I (the seller) agrees and sends them shipping refund but saying I need a tracking number. They send the package with a tracking number that is not traceable in Canada. It gets lost. 

What's the procedure from here? Any clue's?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: What happens if a return gets lost in the mail?

Well it finally arrived today, the package was smashed, thankfully the contents untouched.

After all the reading and re-reading of the rules of selling internationally, as well as the advice that customer service gave me of not selling internationally anymore. I am out $96 paying for free shipping and return shipping, plus paypal reversal fees. The ring was exactly stated in my ad (as per my jeweler), but because the buyer said it didn't look like what they expected, I lost.

No more international selling for me, it's just too much of a headache.

Thanks everyone for your replies and excellent advice. xx

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: What happens if a return gets lost in the mail?

@goldtreasures4u wrote:

Well it finally arrived today, the package was smashed, thankfully the contents untouched.

After all the reading and re-reading of the rules of selling internationally, as well as the advice that customer service gave me of not selling internationally anymore. I am out $96 paying for free shipping and return shipping, plus paypal reversal fees. The ring was exactly stated in my ad (as per my jeweler), but because the buyer said it didn't look like what they expected, I lost.

No more international selling for me, it's just too much of a headache.

Thanks everyone for your replies and excellent advice. xx

Glad it finally arrived! yes just do not sell internationally as it will 'cause you headache! Thanks that upon reading your post and replies/advices i got ideas too! 🙂

Message 22 of 22
latest reply