Why is there no build in way to print an invoice for customer which includes HST/GST number

As the title states, CRA requires invoices that inlcude the HST/GST number but I don't see anyway to do that on eBay short of manually creating invoices outside of eBay.  Heck I don't even see a way to print an invoice at all other than a packing slip.

Am I blind?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why is there no build in way to print an invoice for customer which includes HST/GST number

There is a receipt option but it doesn't solve your problem either from what I can see.

The only option they give you on packing slip is to save as a custom message in the "Note for buyer" area where you can add the number.

There is a "tell us what you think" link in the lower left when you click to print packing slip and more. You can request they add a field for HST/GST number and maybe they will do that in a future update.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yeah I'm aware of the packing slip message.

This is so dumb, why wouldn't eBay Canada have an option to do this automatically for any taxable transactions.  There should be a way to save your tax id under account settings and any order that triggeres the tax table should automatically have the tax id added to any invoices/receipt eBay sends to the customer.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Unfortunately those are your only options from what I can see.

Let them know with the "Tell us what you think" link and maybe even post when Tyler has his weekly chat to let him know that would be a useful thing to have automatically filled in.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply