Would like to be positive for the day

My sales for Feb 2014 are exceeding my sale for this time last year ..... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYYYYY

Just though I would be put a bit of sunshine in these board that are filled with gloom and doom LOL 😉

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I bought $4K worth of "stuff" for $250 yesterday. It is going to be a blend of Kijiji, .com. .ca. Plus? I stopped at my friend's place and picked up the $4K worth of stuff I had there.

The stuff I bought, yesterday, was like a Pawn Stars episode. Right down to the guy wanting to flip for the difference.

Better? His wife made me lunch. I was hoping for lunch and then she looks at me sternly and said "YOU ARE staying for lunch, RIGHT!". I was giddy with delight.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wondering where you were, now I know, out hustling for Free Lunches.

I should try that.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Way to go Brande.

Actually January stared off slow, but a little push at the end put me up just a bit.

February started off great, has slowed down a bit, but should surpass last February' total.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ya and the crazy part for me which hopefully will be a trend is that 85% of my sales are to the US which is HUGE difference last year it made up about 10% of my sales ....

With much of my stock coming from the US it seems strange but I sell for little profit as I am a volume seller so that probably helps where some people will not take less then $5 profit I prefer to make $2 a piece and sell 20 pieces in the same time the other guy sells 1 piece and makes $5 ..

The way I see it is now I have caught the attention of many buyers so not only do I sell more which ends up me making more but I drive traffic and have a quick turn around ...

To bad I still have 20k to pay before I get anymore new stock..

The wife and I are moving so I have to clear all debt before I can buy anything new which was my promise to my wife so I hope I do not lose repeat customer due to lack of new interest in my store but All is well for now and I am  6 weeks away from moving into my dream home ...

Too excited so I have to share ...  Located 5km from the city 2500 sg ft built 10 year ago .. 5 bedrooms .. 2 bathroom which 1 is in my master bedroom .. Huge recroom .. Heated double bay door garage which I can access from my basement ... 1/2 acre of land ... HUGE Park for kids in the front yard and I mean bigggggg like a town park ... All for $220,000 ...

Started at 300,000 but the market is dropping in my area due to a local mine laying people off .... 

So I have 5k in renos to do and 15k in debt to pay in the next 6 weeks if I want to get that house ... bought my house for 80k Had it appraised Friday at 140k ....

LIFE ISSSSSSSSSSSSSS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD but me and Canda post still do not like each other right now

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sounds as if you're doing very well - good on you!

When you say "the City", where exactly is your new house?  Not Toronto, for that price!! 

Of course, I'd defy anyone to beat this area of Nova Scotia -- we live in a renovated 200-year old Georgian home with 2200 sq ft and 3-1/2 acres of good land overlooking an ocean bay (Annapolis Basin), in growing zone 6b, with (usually) mild winters and pleasant summers, all for under $200K.  Heck, if you want a 4500 sq ft stunningly renovated historic mansion with a bay view, there's one for sale up the road for $400K.  The only problem in this area is that you need to bring your work with you (i.e. home business) -- there aren't a lot of jobs here.  On the other hand, there's no pollution either.

One thing may really improve for you -- if you're in a larger centre, hopefully your postal worries may be less, especially if your house is close to a Post Office.  You can be right on top of them every day if they don't behave! Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ok well when I say city I mean Big town population 12,000 ... I am moving to a town just outside of that with a population of about 100-150 the place is called King Kirkland for me it is aka paradise ..

20 km from the nicest spring fed beach out there .... Sands pits for me to teach my girls all about riding dirt bikes/ATV and not to forget small hunting ....

My wife is a little worried about my whole taking the 3 year old on a dirt bike  which is why she still think the big box in the garage is stuff for my store but in reality it is 30CC pink dirt bike OOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAA ....

The housing has boomed in my area because of mining but mining is slowing down a little so prices are coming back down which is nice to see so I will buy now because where I live RIGHT NOW the mines are hiring building mills and going up up up so my house in 3 years has come up 60k in price but I did reno 1 bedroom from top to bottom and new floors in 2 bedroom .. Kitchen refinished with new floors lighitng and appliances and the bathroom gutted everything new andddddd I also redid the stairs with stair treads...

Even the realestate agent that sold me the house seen it and was in aww so I am getting a good turn over on my house which makes buying this big house alot easier..

I would love to go to Nova Scotia I have family in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick that I have never met and would love to go meet and not to mention Nova Scotia is my kind of paradise ....

I  did have a girlfriend from nova scotia one time we met on line and after talking for a week she flew up to see me and she was a true nova scotia girl as nice as the sunset after a storm ... Just like northerners I guess but even a little nicer

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I grew up in Nova Scotia (Windsor/Falmouth area) and now live in Fredericton, NB. I lived in Toronto for 5 years at one point in my life. Long enough to know that it's not where I want to live my life. Ideally, if I can get a real business off the ground, I would like to head back to NS and live out my years somewhere on the coast there. There's nothing like the smell/feel of salt water in the air.

Chris

Message 8 of 8
latest reply