Zero views

I've noticed recently that items I've listed get no views for several days. This is quite unusual based on past experience. Is something going on with the search engine? An item I listed 4 hours ago hasn't yet shown up in a search on either eBay or picclick.com. I've never bothered to check until now, but it makes me suspicious when I consider the pressure to promote listings for an exorbitant fee.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Zero views

EBay recently stopped showing robot Views saying they made up 40-60% of the Views they had been recording.

This doesn't mean they no longer are seeing your listings, just that they are not recorded. It seems these include eBay's scrutiny for bad listings and our own views of our listings.

In addition, it seems that there is a lag in recording the "real" Views, because sellers are reporting sales on items that apparently have had no Views.

An item I listed 4 hours ago hasn't yet shown up in a search on either eBay

EBay has always  (at least since 1998) told us that it may take up to 24 hours for new listings to index and upload.

By the way, the more items you have listed, the more Views you will get.

The more sales you have, the higher you will be in Search.

With four listings and only a few sales in the past month, fewer views and fewer sales are to be expected.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Zero views

24 hours for items to "show" up.  I could send an electronic message to PLUTO and back, twice, in the same time frame...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Zero views

@shallow_karl wrote:

24 hours for items to "show" up.  I could send an electronic message to PLUTO and back, twice, in the same time frame...

Not sure of the reason why but a sellers total listings will/can/does vary from time to time. By my recollection I should currently have 1254 listings. According to 1 page it's 1253 on another 1252. Saw 1251 on another page before I started screenshotting. I've seen it be flakey on several occasions when I've done a batch of end and sell similar. Eventually they will return. Schedule is entirely random. It's also been reported by sellers at various times when listings have entirely poofed. Because you no longer get an email when a listing is ended...either by yourself or by chance eBay it's extremely difficult to monitor. If you end in theory it should be going to your ended folder. They probably go into one of eBay's many black holes never to be seen from again.

In related news..The mind is the first thing to go...the other thing I forget.

Total Items 1.jpgTotal Items 2.jpg

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Zero views

For me, this routinely occurs during the auto relist cycle Lotz.  If I happen to load my Active listings page after a listing has ended but before the system has gone live with the relist, my total will appear lower by the same number.  Always temporary though...

Disappearing Drafts are another matter...grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Zero views

@doc_scribe wrote:

For me, this routinely occurs during the auto relist cycle Lotz.  If I happen to load my Active listings page after a listing has ended but before the system has gone live with the relist, my total will appear lower by the same number.  Always temporary though...

Disappearing Drafts are another matter...grrrrrrrrrrrr!

There is a newer seller I am helping with from time to time. If they list in category they have listed in in the past it usually displays within minutes. If it is in a new category/higher value it can take either several hours or does not show until the next day. For really new sellers this delay can be even longer. This would be extremely critical for anyone who still happens to use auctions. 

Another conundrum caused by eBay is sending offers. In theory if you send a random offer it is "supposed" to be seen by the intended parties for 48 hours. I have seen offers marked as 24. Problem happens when item is about to roll over because of GTC. If the item rolls over the offer could be missed.

eBay really gives the concept of "real time" a whole new meaning. Yet delivery windows provided by eBay are written in stone. If an item happens to be late...According to eBay it was the sellers fault. Automagic refund with no in house system to re-bill.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Zero views

@shallow_karl 

My listings actually upload immediately and are visible within less than an hour.

I've been selling steadily since the turn of the millennium, sell low value stuff, and usually have TRS status.

New and occasional sellers will have longer waits.

Sellers of high value/high fraud items will have longer waits.

Sellers with Defects will have longer waits.

It's a Best Practice to underpromise and overperform.

I'd rather be told it will take 24 hours and have it happen in 10 hours or 10 minutes, than be told 10 minutes and have it not show up for 15 minutes.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply