Forum Posts

How do I use the UR number

Hello guys,I sold an item almost 3 weeks ago using US Air Small Packet. I received a tracking numberfrom Ebay and a UR number shows on the label. Canada Post said the item is untrackable or that it could just be late getting to the customer. Is there...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Seller Hub - terrible for sellers

Been on eBay for 11 years. Recently came back from a multi-year break to start selling again. I list around 100 items and get familiar with the way eBay looks. This morning I am in this "new seller hub" which is terribly designed and way too complica...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST Number

Tomorrow, eBay begins to charge Canadian buyers the appropriate GST/HST/QST/PST on all (taxable) purchases, so almost everything. Typically, when one buys something online or in stores, the seller would provide a receipt with a GST registration numbe...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Offer History

Is anyone aware of what happened to the Best offer tab that was at the top of a sellers listing page? There is one called Send Offers -- Sent.... but it is light on details (2 offers sent from Aug 2021...Offers sent ages ago and long expired. Nothing...

July Supplies Coupon

Any signs of July coupon for shipping supplies? Tape delay due to the US holiday? Normally shows on summary page. In speaking to a seller that recently opened up a store mid June, they were advised by eBay CS that they didn't qualify for the coupon u...

Germany’s VerpackG (Packaging Act)

For those sellers who ship to Germany>The new regulations take effect on 1st July 2022.Based on the Packaging Act amendments coming into effect on 1st July 2022, online marketplaces, are required to verify that sellers have a valid LUCID registration...

For those that sell hockey cards.....

I think it's time to start parting with my hockey cards.. I have a few of decent value but have a few questions. 1 - None of my cards are graded. Can i expect reasonable sales with ungraded cards (I assume value will be less or average book value)2 -...

Sending and receiving offers

As an FYI to anyone using Best Offers, something interesting to pay attention to. If someone sends you a random offer it is in affect for 24 hours. If you send an offer or counter offer it is good for 48 hours. I believe in the USA a seller can choos...

Offer.jpg counter offer.jpg

Why BC News Reporting Exclusive $10K Annual Sales Provincial Tax Collection?

My understanding is the new Internet Sales Tax starting today applies to ALL provinces for ALL online sellers. Why are the news outlets reporting this is the only BC province charging Sales tax for sellers with gross annual sales over $10,000???"Onli...

eBay now charging GST on sales?

I am from Canada and recently learnt that Bay is now charging me 11.5% final value fee on both final price and shipping cost since July 1, 2017 rather than just 10%. I have been told that it is because eBay is now charging me the GST and PST on my sa...

Ebay collecting GST/HST/PST/QST

I just had my first sale since "ebay takes over" collecting tax and well that didnt go well lol!!! the sale was at Jul 1, 2022 00:53:59 EST I have a tax table and it looks like it has NOT been disabled lol My first sale was to BC which was GST 5% bef...

sale.jpg
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can feedback be given after a partial postage refund?

I was on the US .com discussion boards and read that once any sort of refund was given by a seller to buyer, the buyer can then not give feedback.-regardless of the reason for the refund. I wondered it that were true for Canada? I am a new seller and...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dashboard Showing "tracking not uploaded at all" for sale to an American? Is this new?

Hi, just checked my dashboard under USA region and it shows an item sold to an American buyer as "tracking not uploaded at all" with a nice big orange dot. I sold a couple of things around this time and just gave the tracking number directly to the b...

I have a prospective buyer, who has asked me to send an invoice for what is in his cart.

He says that other sellers have told him to put the items in his cart, and they would send an invoice. Can I as a seller do that without him requesting an invoice? I've never seen how to do that if it is possible. Is there a way for me to see his car...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Store Fees Have Not Been Charged for June - Basic Store

As it states in the subject line, store fees were not charged in June. April 2 fees paid for the term of: 16 - 30 of AprilMay 2 fees paid for the term of: 1 - 31 of MayNo store fees were charged after that. I had a sale in June that I thought might t...

Resolved! Shippo down? OR Canada Post? (again)

Keeping getting this message when trying to purchase shipping labels. Rates unavailable because of the following:CanadaPost did not return a response. Please try again shortly.eBay orders are not eligible for Shippo's Canada Post account.Anyone else?

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem Sending Invoice

Hi, another glitch today. I'm getting this message when trying to send combined shipping invoice. What do I do? Thanks. Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Issues with App - marking as shipped

Having some issues with the app. Looks like a problem on eBay’s side. If you go to browser you should be able to mark your items as shipped. Just posting in case anyone else is having same problem lol.

USD Checking and MP

Good day folks, I am unsuccesfully trying to link my TD USD checking to Ebay MP.First of all when I chose my bank in ebay list and try to login I fail to do so (get error message saying that I have wrong credentials - which is nonsense). Then when I ...

Resolved! Canceled Basic Store in April. Ebay keeps sending me invoices for monthly fees. Help.

Canceled my basic store towards the end of April. It wsa to have renewed May 1. The store no longer exists but last month i received an invoice for store fees, which after talking to 10 people at Ebay i was able to get reduced to zero. This month i h...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help. Buyer submitted unauthorized payment dispute 9 days after item shipped.

Hello,A buyer submitted an "unauthorized payment" dispute 9 days after item shipped without messaging me first with their consern. The item they purchased and I shipped has tracking. It is still curentley on it's way to the buyer. I have not taken an...

Shipping From Canada to the US first sale

Hi,I just sold my first item and I'm shipping it from Canada to the US.I assume I need a commercial invoice? Is there anything else I need? I have sent samples on behalf of a company before and we also needed to fill out another form but I'm not sure...

INTERNATIONAL BUYER NOT ABLE TO PURCHASE !

i have an item listed on e bay canada that clearly states that i ship international world wide , and yet i received several messages from a buyer in FRANCE attempting to purchase and he says he keeps getting blocked by e bay saying that i do not ship...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels