chitchats exchange rate too high

Anyone else notice the very high exchange rate used by chitchats?

ie:  A USPS 1st classs thick envelope that normally costs 3.49USD on shippo is charged as 5.38CAD which is a 54% exchange rate when the real rate is closer to 1.28

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The 1.28+ is a mid-market rate quoted for ease by newspapers and the like. The retail rate, which is what we mortals pay is what your bank or credit union would charge.

There is also a difference in the buy and the sell rates.

And you are not clear if the difference includes a fee for chitchat's labour in processing, carrying, and posting your package in the USA.

Full disclosure- I don't use chitchat and they are not available in my location.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've never considered ChitChats higher USPS prices an inflated exchange rate. I've always assumed that price just included their surcharges/fees. Which I'm more than happy to pay to avoid CP!

What does annoy me is when I buy things in CAD that have price tags that include US prices (like books, Gap clothing and Starbucks merchandise, for example) and the exchange rate at the time of setting international prices/printing tags is 1.45 - but today's exchange rate is 1.25. We're always gonna get hosed in one way or another...
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Not an exchange rate problem.

According ro the Chitchats website their USA price table includes the delivery fee to the USA.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply