eBay payout keeps getting declined.

keji-33
Community Member

I sold an item in early January to a Korean buyer and according to the seller's hub eBay first attempt to send fund on Jan 06, but the first attempt was declined. In the past few weeks eBay kept trying to send this fund over and over for at least five times and all of these attempts were declined. Bank of Montreal (My bank) does not acknowledge any of this incident and claims that eBay is responsible for this. This morning another attempt by eBay  was declined and this had give me severe anxiety and frustration. Attempt to contact eBay help is useless since every time I try doing so eBay says they are experiencing higher call volume. I need some serious help over here ! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried eBays chat help? I found them quite helpful today. It is accessable from the "contact us" button in the help section.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@keji-33
Already responded to your question in the other thread. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Payout-declined/m-p/451461#M121295 . I'm almost certain it's not a specific to you issue.

@flyhooks4less
When you use the contact us button, it brings up different variables depending on what you clicked on. e.g. default?id=4070&from=ContactUs vs id=4136&from=ContactUs

The one most relevant to the issue was broken most of the day. Then when it started working came up with the message that you wouldn't be served by close, that was at 4PM EST (They're open until 6:00PM PST, that's 9PM EST). Chat is unavailable for that specific topic.

Now obviously you could try to get around it but depending on how they're setup I'll assume certain CS reps are trained for certain areas so you might get nowhere.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@keji-33 Here's a quick little update for you.

As of now, the request buttons for those queues are still broken, so use the other ones available under questions for Buyers.

Wait until you get a working Request a Call Back link and enter your information. Took about half an hour for a call back, then 15 minutes back and forth with the first line CS rep. Got escalated to the Managed Payments team who spent another 5 minutes with me verifying that there was no issue with me or my account. They then escalated it the Managed Payments Technical Support group and hope to have it figured out in the next few days.

So bottom line, seller callback queue is broken and has been broken for days, use the buyer support queue, get transferred, get resolved.

As a side note I also had the chat queue started, was served quickly again by first line CSR, then escalated to the Manage Payments group. Process there took 55 minutes but I missed the person on it which was fine, since by then I was on the phone with them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply