hypocrisy

Hello all

I am here to discuss the hypocrisy of this platform ! I sell STUN BATONS  of legal length for CANADA  and no where else . Recently all my adds were removed because I am the only one not allowed to sell legal batons here only PROHIBITED STUN BATONS AND STUN GUNS  !

Do you not see a problem here  ?

I am the only one protecting my community and have the best interests of MY community  , surly not EBAY.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

hypocrisy

mcrlmn
Community Member

Isn't it illegal for an unlicensed civilian to possess or use any stun baton or gun in Canada?

Use of these tools is only licensed to federal and provincial police officers, who are permitted to use a stun weapon if they feel they are under threat.

The personal use of stun guns by unlicensed civilians is considered to be illegal and considered under the Canadian Criminal Code to be the equivalent of a weapon.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

No  it is not ! Where do you get this from ? 

This is from the CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA 

Section 7   Part 3   Subsection 6

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-98-462/fulltext.html

In short it says if the device is longer than 480mm it is legal .

If you chose to be a victim then chose not to defend yourself , I am offering a LEGAL defensive device that is handy as hell .

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

@d-denma-grgvxo wrote:

No  it is not ! Where do you get this from ? 

This is from the CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA 

Section 7   Part 3   Subsection 6

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-98-462/fulltext.html

In short it says if the device is longer than 480mm it is legal.

Good that you checked the law, but it does not say what you think it says.

The 480mm length exemption only applies to items in Part 2.1

PART 2.1  Firearms for the Purposes of Sections 3.1 and 3.2

• 1 Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2P rifle

• 2 Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2V rifle

• 3 Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4P rifle

• 4 Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4V rifle

• 5 SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green rifle

• 6 SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green carbine

• 7 SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green CQB rifle

• 8 SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special rifle

• 9 SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special carbine

• 10 SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special CQB rifle

• 11 SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special Target rifle

• 12 SAN Swiss Arms Model Blue Star rifle

• 13 SAN Swiss Arms Model Heavy Metal rifle

• 14 SAN Swiss Arms Model Red Devil rifle

• 15 SAN Swiss Arms Model Swiss Arms Edition rifle

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

What does eBay policy say? If you believe your listings have been unfairly pulled, you must call Customer Service and speak to a representative. We’re other sellers and buyers. We can’t do anything to reinstate them.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

Please you do not understand the law .

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

In this six years I’ve been coming to eBay community, I’ve yet to see ydpc_dennis make a mistake on anything he posts. (It’s uncanny.) Perhaps you’d be best advised to consult with police or a lawyer to double check your interpretation of that section of the Criminal Code. Or just call eBay. Arguing here won’t get you any closer to having your listings reinstated. Invest your efforts where they matter.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

"If you chose to be a victim then chose not to defend yourself".

Intent is the real issue.

Yes, the criminal code does set out law pertaining to electrical discharge devices such as tasers and stun guns.
The devices you are speaking of are commonly referred to as "cattle prods".

Basically, they're deemed to be of use for moving and handling livestock, dog attacks, and wildlife management/control, etc.
These devices are legal, as long as they are used only for that purpose and are not less than 480mm in length.

The moment they are used on a person, or intended to be used on a person, they become a prohibited weapon in accordance with the Canadian Criminal Code section 85.

You could carry a bat and glove around all day and never get hassled.

The same can't be said for your saving grace batons.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

The fact is that it is LEGAL , I am an importer of this product and with the approval of the CBSA I was permitted to import them and SELL them through my business  . NO restrictions NO permits required to own .

Any object becomes  a weapon when used as such , at NO time does an object of no restrictions become prohibited because it was used as a weapon .It is not hard to understand that a device that is used in the wilderness or in private  generally is NOT acceptable to carry in a public area . I restricted the age to 18yrs+  because it is NOT A TOY ! 

Consult a lawyer , and then come get one .

Thanks 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

@d-denma-grgvxo wrote:

Please you do not understand the law .

I don't claim to, but the site you pointed at does not support your contention that you can import and sell it as a weapon.

Some more researching:

Is it true stun devices over a Length of 480mm designed for defense against Animals is legal within Canada?

The devices you are speaking of are commonly referred to as "cattle prods".
These devices are legal, as long as they are used only for the purpose described and are not less than 480mm in length. These can be used for cattle, to deter dog attacks etc.
The moment they are used on a person, or intended to be used on a person, they become a prohibited weapon in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada.

www.justanswer.com/canada-law/8zhvz-true-stun-devices-length-480mm-designed.html

What weapons can I carry in Canada for self-defense?

A wide range of opinions on this topic -- but best suggestion of first weapon of choice is: use your brain.

www.quora.com/What-weapons-can-I-carry-in-Canada-for-self-defense-Can-I-use-lethal-force-Would-this-...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

"Victim, Defend yourself, Come and get one, protecting my community, Consult a lawyer, chose to be a victim"?

Anybody with an IQ higher than a sack of onions knows your argument is messed up.

Good for you. How's business?

It's a macho cattle prod for paranoid cracks and those in need of a sense of empowerment.

Move south if you want some sympathy for your cause.

In Canada your "LEGAL defensive device that is handy as hell" is not legal as a defensive device against humans.

And that is really what you and your 'prod 'are all about.

What a wasted of time.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

You have to wonder what kind of neighbourhood some people live in--- and why they don't just move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRlHwwVIug

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

Regardless of what is or what isn’t legal here, eBay Canada doesn’t allow stun guns to be listed here.  You can read the inf in that in the link that I posted below.

They can be listed on the US site but you have to be located in the US and follow specific guidelines.  I do see some for sale on .ca because the US sellers are offering international shipping but they really shouldn’t be shown on .ca since they aren’t supposed to be sold on this site.  Unfortunately, it isn’t that uncommon for only some of the prohibited listings to be pulled off the site.  I imagine it depends on which ones the bots see.

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

[Removed]

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

hypocrisy

As previous posters have helpfully tried to let you know, stun guns are not permitted to be sold on eBay. I think this topic has exhausted its usefulness, so I'll be closing it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply