selling

i removed a listing because in a 24 hour period it had one viewing...what has happened to ebay....i give up on it...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

selling

Well there are 140 million new listings every day on eBay.

And only about 40% of listings sell, although that has been the average sell -through as far back as I can remember and we started here in 1998.

Views are almost meaningless. I've had Fixed Price items sell with the very first view and non-selling items with over 200 views.

Look at your listing again.

Remember that low feedback puts you lower in Search, although there are claims that new sellers are given an artificial boost for a few weeks.

Over 85% of transactions on eBay are Fixed Price. Most 'auctions' include a Buy It Now option.

And 52% of transactions are done with mobile devices. Mobile customers dislike auctions. They want to see, buy, pay and receive.

Was your listing 'mobile friendly'? There is a link on the top right of the Description box of the Sell Your Item form that will modify your own coding.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

selling

I'm trying to hold back my incredulity. You cannot really have expected that your high-ticket item for a very specific segment of the buying population would be sold within 24 hours, can you? 

Granted, this is a plum lot but you will WAIT for the right buyer to come along to want it enough to buy it. 

One view or 100 views, it's irrelevant. 

What extra measures did you take to bring buyers to it? Do you have social media associated with your account, a blog, Instagram, anything to make this item stand out in a sea of a billion things for sale on ebay at any given time?

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 1.20.50 PM.png

If you want advice about how to increase the desirability of your items for sale, you've come to the right place. But you have to be realistic. No one will sell a $230 autograph in the first second it's listed unless the celebrity literally just self-propelled to the moon and mentioned your listing as the reason he's done it. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

selling

(Either that, or it has to be a cheese doodle shaped like a dead gorilla.) 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

selling

Also. This. Not a great sales pitch. 

Not a selling pointNot a selling point

Like I said earlier, you want help to sexy-up this listing, you will get it, but you have to be willing to take constructive criticism. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

selling

90769A0D-82C2-40CE-AED8-77E9DA972E8A.jpeg

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

selling

Many times someone will put a new listing on eBay and it may not show for several hours.

--------------------------------

There are about 140 Sammy Davis autographs on eBay.

and then look at what has sold... and the price of sold items.

and then.....  Who in today's generation knows who Sammy Davis Jr. is.

and then   Certificate of Authenticity...  If you do have one....  Is that verifiable.. authenticated????

Selling an autographed item  must be more than a dream......  It must be an absolute 100 % if not 1000 % verifiable item.

Fakes are too easy to make......

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

selling

How does someone find so many autographed items?.....

If it is perceived as ... too many.... potential buyers may view some of the autographs as fakes....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

selling

Certificates of Authenticity are a selling point but I would never assume that someone with a large supply of autographs to sell is anything other than an autograph collector, the same as I would assume anyone with a large collection of anything to sell is a collector of that thing. Take a bookseller, for example. I would assume they have a large collection of books to sell because they collect books, not because they print them at home.

@carlstarrynite, you've misspelled Eleanor Roosevelt in ended item number 292398052368 if you are in fact referring to the former USA First Lady. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply