Saga of what can go wrong does go wrong...

Here's a saga of what can go wrong does go wrong.....

• Buyer from Colombia purchases item.
  • About 45 days later they open a case advising that it hasn't arrived (English is not good in messages).
  • I refund and include my normal text that it is still very likely to arrive and to let me know if it does so they can pay again.
  • As per my normal practice I block them.
  • The very next day they advise the item has arrived and they want to repay.
  • I unblock them.
  • I send a PAYPAL invoice.
  • I hear nothing for a couple weeks, during that time, I sent a couple email reminders asking them to let me know if they have any problems.
  • I am worried based on their last response that they thought things were all automagically resolved (remember English is not their first language and there is a language barrier for sure) and figure they think all is done.
  • I block them again on the assumption I'm not seeing the repayment after all.
  • The next day I get an email from them that they were in the hospital for 2 weeks after a car accident, they're now home and they can't figure out how to pay.
  • I send a PAYPAL reminder, but they can't find it or figure out where to look (I can't say much about looking at their email because the "bots" keep stopping me from saying anything about email addresses)
  • So instead I create a new "special lot for XXXX" ebay item for them instead.
  • They have a lot of trouble finding it and when they finally do and try to buy it, it says they aren't allowed (OOOPS I forgot to unblock them@#$%@%^#$&).
  • I unblock them and send an apology message explaining that is my fault and they should be able to buy it now.
  • During this time, before I got back to them, they go ahead and by another different lot of the same price and just tell me not to ship it.
  • This lot is the same price before shipping as their other lot after shipping so I owe them $$$ now because they paid too much.
  • At the same time they also buy that lot a second time and two more lots around the same price.
  • I'm assuming they realized the original one was too much after they paid for it 2 times, and bought the others to try to get closer, but now they've purchased and paid for 4 lots total!!!
  • Back and forth emails finally figure out that the original lot was purchased to clear up the repayment, the 2nd time and others were purchased because they wanted them. They've seriously overpaid the combined shipping, but fortunately I know what they like now, so I put extra stamps in to avoid having to refund anything.
  • Over the next few days they purchase 9  more lots.
  • I advise maybe it would be a good idea to hang on and don't purchase more until we're sure I can regularly get stamps to them safely.
  • That was a 3 weeks ago, no feedback yet, but likely another 4 to 6 weeks till we know.....stay tuned for more possible chapters in the saga!!!!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well....... yes.... but..... it seems like for all the effort and frustration that you've found yourself a highly motivated (and honest) repeat customer! Columbia, eh? Kudos to you for going bravely where others fear to tread. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That sounded like it went well. Would the over payment justify upgrading to tracked packet to Columbia?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Another sunny day in Stamplandia.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Zee!

The overage was only $5.

There isn't a tracked packet option for Colombia, the only trackable option for Colombia is International Air. (at least I believe, it has been a long time since I've used International Air).

So the latest 12 lots are all on keep fingers crossed mode, they're spread across 3 separate shipments....it will be interesting to see how long they take to arrive....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply