What...on...earth is WITH the shipping fees to CANADA? People: we aren't international, ok?

I CANNOT get past the increase in shipping fees to Canada.. Come on EBAY. Or, sellers on ebay!!! A necklace costs 10 dollars U.S. to ship...and I see 2.35 cents on a stamp on the envelope??? Highway robbery. 😞

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What...on...earth is WITH the shipping fees to CANADA? People: we aren't international, ok?

Hi....I think all buyers from Canada should send a note to these sellers( not all sellers have opted on to this new program scam!!)that they have lost a customer, and we will only buy from sellers that don't have this added charge!!!!

I don't think the sellers get any money from the added charges?But ebay seems to be cashing in on it. I have been shopping on ebay for years.....but now I think buying through ebay just isn't worth it anymore!!!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

look at 220884999557

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

valuable stamp,want to send with confirmation,probablly.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The price of the item has no effect on the cost of shipping.

Usually we see this question from the other side.

The seller may be living in the past.

At one time eBay charged a fee on sales and none on shipping. Some sellers were reversing the asking price and the shipping cosst.

Which is cheaper :

$5 item wth $10 shipping?

$10 item with $5 shipping?

EBay caught on (many examples were much more egregious than my example), and started charging fees on shipping charges. To soften the blow to honest sellers, the fees were slightly lower than previously and eBay also introduced a policy of charging no  Fees on any shipping if the seller made his domestic shipping Free.

What your seller did was stupid. As well as out of date. He would have been better off to give his US customers Free Shipping , and add the cost of shipping to the asking price.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

ONCE I SEE CUSTOM SERVICE PROVIDED I DONT LOOK ANY FARTHER ... I ONLY USE SELLERS THAT AVOID IT ... THERE ARE STILL A FEW U.S SELLERS THAT STILL DO IT OLE SCHOOL !!!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seller could list the cheaper shipping cost first and then the priority but this seller is using it another way, first expensive then cheaper.  That way, it only scare many buyers seeing the first expensive shipping information.  Good luck to this seller.

I would rather use many choice of mail services for buyers to choose expect the expensive items which of course, must be shipped either by Expedited or XpressPost with a tracking number. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Excuse me..... BUT what on earth are the IMPORT CHARGES all about from USA? and some program called Global Shipping...... the charges are on top of shipping!!!!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

For more information on the Global Shipping Program, please take a look at;

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/shipping-globally.html

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ITS called a scam...don't buy from these maggot sellers...hit the back button

shame on you ebay

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

avialblu

Generally you are right, but the one and only item I have purchased with GSP was actually cheaper than any other offered on eBay, even with the , probably unnecessary, import charges.

The item was about $30, so import chargesand taxes  were applicable and properly charged along with the PB shipping fee on top of the seller's shipping fee.  The total came to about $40.

Similar items with USPS service had higher asking prices and, surprisingly, higher shipping prices. We can discount the possiblitiy that duty and tax and the $10 Canada Post service fee would be charged, since lightweight items under $100 rarely are.

But I still saved $15 and up, over buying from sellers who were not using GSP.

On the other hand, PB did open the box,because the seller did not mark that the book was printed in the USA.

I wont' be making a practice of buying under GSP, but a blanket refusal to consider such items could be expensive.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I too dislike the global shipping program.  When considering buying from a seller that uses the program,  I  have asked the seller if they would consider shipping without using the program.  Answer "YES"

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply