is turbo lister boilerplate possible?

There is a large chunk of text in my listings that is the same for every listing.  Is it possible in turbo lister to have this in one spot so that when the text changes I can edit it once and have the change show up in each listing?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: is turbo lister boilerplate possible?

@stouffvillejen wrote:

There is a large chunk of text in my listings that is the same for every listing.  Is it possible in turbo lister to have this in one spot so that when the text changes I can edit it once and have the change show up in each listing?

Hi stouffvillejen,

You can actually set this in your defaults in Turbo Lister. To do this, click Tools > Options. In the window that opens, expand the format on the left that you use, such as Auction or Fixed Price, and then click Description Text. This will allow you to enter text that you have set for every listing. If you list in other formats you'll need to repeat the process with the other formats you use on the left of that window.

Regards,

Vestan

eBay Selling Tools Support

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, I do see how that would help when creating new items.  What I am talking about would be a section that is only linked to a listing when it is sent to Upload.  That way you could have hundreds of items already created in inventory and change the common wording in one spot.  Right now, once you have created items in inventory, if you want to change the wording you have to go into the listings one by one - very time consuming when you've got hundreds of items.

If there is any way to make a suggestion to the Turbo Lister development team I'd love to send that in.  I'm sure many people would love it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@stouffvillejen wrote:

Thanks, I do see how that would help when creating new items.  What I am talking about would be a section that is only linked to a listing when it is sent to Upload.  That way you could have hundreds of items already created in inventory and change the common wording in one spot.  Right now, once you have created items in inventory, if you want to change the wording you have to go into the listings one by one - very time consuming when you've got hundreds of items.

If there is any way to make a suggestion to the Turbo Lister development team I'd love to send that in.  I'm sure many people would love it.

Hi stouffvillejen,

You can edit items in bulk and add text to the bottom or top of the descriptions. When you edit items in bulk, the description box will be blank. You can type the text you want to apply to all in that box. At the top of that box, there's a drop down that by default says "Add to bottom of description." You can click that to select "Add to top of description" if you would prefer.

Regards,

Vestan

eBay Selling Tools Support

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 4 of 4
latest reply