Selling on eBay.com

Hi Guys,

I recall a few years ago, that after we use up our monthly 250 free listings (No Store) on eBay.ca, we then could list additional items on eBay.com.  Can we still do this?

Next question, Can U.S. sellers list on .ca ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

In a word, YES! Canadian eBay sellers who do not have a store, are allotted 250 free listings per month on > eBay.COM. Although for many many years I listed on both .CA and .COM, I no longer list on .COM as my banking system is set for CDN and my USD funds from sales on.COM are  automatically converted to CDN  before being sent to bank account and there are applicable fees for that)=I no longer choose to give up more fees for the few sales that I do get from eBay. eBay sellers can list on other eBay sites of their choosing, but there may be fees for doing so(I am not that familiar with what goes for USA sellers on .CA)

elaborate a bit on the fees that are charged for currency exchange prior to payout deposit? Are they comparable to PayPal's and/or what banks build into their exchange rates?

Paypal rates have risen since the split between the two companies.

The exchange rates are comparable  just as bank exchange rates are comparable.

But if  you actually research bank rates, you will find they vary from bank to bank to credit union to foreign exchange shop.  And they rise and fall daily even on the retail* level we deal with.

*The rates we see on xe.com and other sites are the mid-market rates used for bank to bank transfers. You could think of those as the wholesale price of money.