Problems with Shippo

Ive been battling with Shippo to print labels all evening. Already had to send an email with a list of questions. I managed to sign on and print off one label. Had another sale on my other ID and went to print but it won't let me sign in it says my user name and password are invalid. It's bad enough that you spend 3 Times as long to fill in the forms but but it won't let me print anything now. Won't let me sign in with a new log in either. The other problems I wrote to them about are the date of the label is today's and I am not shipping until tomorrow. Also no place to input my HS tariff code, okay I might have missed where to add it. I ended up just writing it on the label.

Also, how do you change the item descrIption to a more generic one? (Forgot to ask them that) oh well, I need to print this for early morning so I guess I'll use CP SnapShip. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Problems with Shippo

No it went up an extra 5c just recently with no nitification
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

The funniest is eBay recommending to drop your item in a Canada post mail box hahahaha because they have our backs so well when something goes wrong even if it's out of our control right!! Thanks eBay !
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@creativity-wholesale wrote:
No it went up an extra 5c just recently with no nitification

What went up 5 cents?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Even if we could somehow overlook this problem with trying to even MAIL the packages whose labels have been created on Shippo account, there's still numerous other issues like metric settings being difficult to get to stick and the fact TRACKING is not linked to ebay, or even that the order is marked as shipped. That is ridiculous. It's an ebay-related program that pulls buyer information from ebay Sales Records and it cannot be smart enough to communicate back that the order has been shipped?! 

I agree completely.  Most, if not all, of these issues could have, and should have, been anticipated by any company about to launch onto eBay as an exclusive shipping platform.  This is why I think eBay may have got itself into trouble somehow with Paypal, been unable to continue its partnership there and had to quickly find a replacement.  The whole thing was clearly rushed, and this is the outcome.  

A major, wholesale shipping overhaul on this site should have been phased in over months, not weeks, with a long period of Beta-testing and careful fine-tuning as they rolled it out.  In other words, the very opposite of what eBay has done. 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@rose-dee wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Even if we could somehow overlook this problem with trying to even MAIL the packages whose labels have been created on Shippo account, there's still numerous other issues like metric settings being difficult to get to stick and the fact TRACKING is not linked to ebay, or even that the order is marked as shipped. That is ridiculous. It's an ebay-related program that pulls buyer information from ebay Sales Records and it cannot be smart enough to communicate back that the order has been shipped?! 

I agree completely.  Most, if not all, of these issues could have, and should have, been anticipated by any company about to launch onto eBay as an exclusive shipping platform.  This is why I think eBay may have got itself into trouble somehow with Paypal, been unable to continue its partnership there and had to quickly find a replacement.  The whole thing was clearly rushed, and this is the outcome.  

A major, wholesale shipping overhaul on this site should have been phased in over months, not weeks, with a long period of Beta-testing and careful fine-tuning as they rolled it out.  In other words, the very opposite of what eBay has done. 

Shippo is not an eBay exclusive shipping platform. Which is where some of the problems come from, with eBay being a different animal than some of the other supported sites.

Based on the original announcement in the spring I was expecting end of July / start of August for the switchover, but the PayPal failure to deliver mid-May probably gave eBay.ca incentive to push the switch earlier. Could eBay have done a better job? Yes. And one of the fail points was lack of communication -- an exact switchover date should have been announced in advance; a well written help file(s) for the process should have been put together; a dedicated Shippo section should have been put up on the eBay forums before the switchover.

However, It is what it is, and we just have to keep pushing to get the rough edges fixed.

-..-

General rule of thumb: Management tends to believe vague tech promises of a smooth switchover and thus have no plans in place to deal with problems (because there won't be any). Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

They had the wrong address on my shipping label and charged me $18.00. Then I had to ship the package with a different company for another $18.00. When I called Customer Service, they told me that no problem, I will get a refund after 14 business days. I asked them again after three weeks and I was told that they don’t refund money, instead, they keep it on my account for future business.That’s not going to happen!STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS!
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017

The problem with zombie threads is that the problems and solutions may be out of date and inaccurate.

If you have a problem, start a new thread.

@happy_pigeon

Message 27 of 27
latest reply