Shippo Problem

For 2 days I'm trying to print my first label with Shippo.  After filling all the weights and dimensions, filling the Customs Form I get stack on Step 2 where it shows me the shipping rates but I can not click on anything.  Also have to update my credit card info each time after a message is displayed "We haven't been able to charge your last invoice. Please update your credit card on Shippo. We will re-attempt to charge your previous invoice after the data has been updated. This can take a couple of hours - please feel free to reach out to us at support@goshippo.com to speed up the process!"

The thing is I don't have a last invoice since it's my first label.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
16 REPLIES 16

Shippo Problem

I discovered Shippo today, and won't be using it until the glitches are resolved. Worse than a beta issue operating system by the sounds of it. Printed my shipping label directly through Paypal, although it wouldn't allow me to add extra insurance coverage, which almost certainly has something to do with this absurd change-over. Only Ebay could mess up a good system that's worked almost flawlessly for years. Stupid on oh so many levels...

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

Fortunately I was able to print my label on Paypal for less than Canada Post, because I couldn't even get a quote at Shippo.

Emailed them and was told that they'd get back to me sometime tomorrow.

For the second package, I realized I can buy shipping at Canada Post with stamps and since I have an endless supply of discount mint postage, I am in a state of 'mwah hah hah hah hah".

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

I will have to end up doing the same (using PayPal), the only difference is that PP is a little more expensive. Really ticks me off that Shippo doesn't even have a phone number to call.  I have to email them my problem.  Fees on eBay go up, quality of service goes down.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

@muttsdoghouse wrote:

...Only Ebay could mess up a good system that's worked almost flawlessly for years....

Shipping through paypal has never worked flawlessly in any year -- and these forums have lots of threads to prove that.

But more beta testing would certainly have been a very good idea.

And perhaps having a dedicated thread on these forums with someone from Shippo to answer questions.

-..-

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

Shippo is nothing but problems for me,  and the fact that you cannot pay direct out of your paypal account to ship things is a serious issue for me (and im sure for other sellers to).  They will only take direct out of your bank account or through credit card... what a joke....

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

@coolbluevintage wrote:

Shippo is nothing but problems for me,  and the fact that you cannot pay direct out of your paypal account to ship things is a serious issue for me (and im sure for other sellers to).  They will only take direct out of your bank account or through credit card... what a joke....

That's not correct. If you choose paypal when you first sign up, the statement says that the amount will be taken out of your bank account IF there is no balance in PP account.  It is often done that way with ebay

purchases as well.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

bkashani
Community Member
I believe Shippo system is not tested completely. I printed the label , when i went to post office to drop it , canada post office mentioned that there is an issue on printed label and couldn't post it, since it was Friday evening and canada post customer service was close until next Monday , I had to pay again and post the item. Now Shippo has charged me for wrong label . ebay will loss their users because of Shippo very week and bad system.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

I agree Shippo was not kept in test mode long enough to work out all the problems, issues, glitches,etc and I refuse to use Shippo until such time as it has become a proven reliable shipping method. In the meantime there are alternatives.I do not believe Shippo will be the cause of many sellers leaving eBay as any serious sellers will find alternatives. I for one, am very content to sit back and watch Shippo from the sidelines, while I continue to use either PayPal shipping directly or Canada Post Snap Ship. Both these alternatives are easy & convenient.

For those living near Chit Chat Express outlets also have that as an alternative for their shipping woes.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

@bkashani wrote:
... I printed the label , when i went to post office to drop it , canada post office mentioned that there is an issue on printed label and couldn't post it, since it was Friday evening and canada post customer service was close until next Monday , I had to pay again and post the item. Now Shippo has charged me for wrong label .

This is a problem of postal employees not entering the correct computer info when scanning the label.

Ask for a refund of the Shippo label you did not use. Look in the Shipments section of goShippo

Ship details.jpg

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

I don't think it's post office issue it happens to me with every domestic within Canada label.. All my To the US labels work fine ...

Issue with shippo cuz my clerk has been the same for 7 years shipped well over 100k parcels with her
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

I used Shippo for the first time last week, out of necessity, and I'll never be using it again. the shipping fee was $61.12, and they billed my pay-pal $81.38. You can bet your A $$ that I wont be ever using them again, and I will now go and delete my shippo account. they can go rip other people off, but I won't be allowing e-bay to link or direct me to a company that rips me off and takes my hard earned money. They can go bang rocks together, because Shippo will never get another cent from me, and now I have to go dispute this with pay-pal and try to get my $20.26 overcharge back. I'm thinking its not going to be that easy, and all they are doing is tying up peoples valuable time and creating headaches for a lot of people. E-bay needs to give their head a shake and wake up. If that was us ripping off buyers, we wouldn't be around very long! I guess they don't mind shippo ripping their customers off though!  #as-truthful-as-it-gets

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

Shippo is only one of many shipping options that can be used for eBay shipments...

I have never used Shippo...

What made using  Shippo  a "necessity" when there are other alternatives such as PayPal shipping, Canada Post Snap Ship....

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

ZOMBIE THREAD

from 2017. If you have a recent problem start a new discussion.

You can check Canada Post label purchases (via Shippo or PayPal or SnapShip) by signing into your Solutions for Small Business account on the Canada Post website. It will show label transactions (minus tax) for the last 3 months.

The amount sounds like you were charged US$ instead of Cdn$

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

@east-coast-collectibles-2019 

How heavy was the item you were shipping? What were the demensions of the shipment? Were they accurate and in metric? What service did you choose? Where was it going? Did you add additional options? Also if the shipment is oversized by Canadapost rules there are additonal charges. All of these factors plus any taxes/fuel surcharge(some services) factor into the final cost. Available options vary by size and final destination. If you check your Shippo account there should be a breakdown of all the charges with the shipment details or by printing out a copy of the original label.

-Lotz

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Problem

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply