Time for Ebay and Shippo to Step up.

This is being sent to both Ebay and Shippo. Someone has to fix this mess we are in. 

I have received an Email from Shippo wondering if they had done anything wrong as they haven't seen me ship with them for an unusual amount of time. (3 weeks) Also with reading the forums in Ebay it seems that most of the members are having the same issue. EBAY and Shippo combined can either do nothing and HOPE for change. Enough time has passed that we can see a decision has to be made. What people are looking for is free shipping. The Sellers that offer free shipping increase their prices so the shipping is actually covered. What needs to happen is what other Web Sites offer, free shipping. For Shipping within Canada the shipping is free. For Shipping to the US (Continental States only), the Shipping is Free if the order is over $99.00.

The Sellers can be competitive in their prices if they have free shipping covered by the large companies of Ebay and Shippo. This is my professional approach to a large problem. I have thought about it and this is what I have come up with. I also urge Ebay to give back the 10 percent they took away from the Top Rated Sellers. Ebay is losing stores as per the forums.
Regards
Noveltyguys

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your right Dennis

I just found out it is for .com only.

Well I have tried over the last 2 weeks to increase sales. I added 300+ listing and about 130 auctions. No sales except 2 who didn't pay so open item cases back to back. This brings me right back to the beginning of the title of the thread. If not shippo then Ebay has to step up. 

I think Ebay should not be separated with .ca and .com. Ebay name belongs to Ebay and there should be no reason they don't put it under one roof. Napa Auto parts did it. There was UAP/Napa in Canada and Napa in the US. Then did away with the Uap Napa name and Canada is now the same as the US. Napa thats it on both sides of the border.

I am trying to bring Ideas to the forefront. I hope others would contribute. 

Regards

Noveltyguys

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Nice Thought , but never going to happen..no one is going to subsidize our shipping costs..as it is ebay and paypal take their cuts of shipping fees as well, so unless you are charging at least 10% over actual shipping costs you are losing money there as well..

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

so unless you are charging at least 10% over actual shipping costs you are losing money there as well..

I stated the sellers are doing that. Our problem is that we are losing business. People are still buying, they are just not buying from us  Unless Ebay does something how is the trend going to change.

I know of websites that do as I have stated. I buy from them. Fanatics.com, NFL.com. 

I just don't think the current crew knows what to do. I offering an idea. That idea is already in place  in allot of websites. 

If someone has a better idea then lets discuss. I didn't just pull this out of my @ss.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

As a small volume seller I have no intention of offering "Free Shipping" ....executed that experiment years ago & it was a total fail. Also as a small volume seller I have no intention of signing up with the Shippo. I use my integrated PayPal/Solutions for Small Business method as well as Canada Post Snap Ship and those work well enough for me.

I do not have a store on eBay so have nothing to lose if I don't want to list on this site. There are options,  there are choices...there is more to online selling than eBay...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Just an example of what I am saying is now listed in the forums. Titled (Free Shipping Not) . Please read this everyone who cares that is.

This is why free shipping is such a key to success. If Ebay doesn't do something then we are not looking for an upswing in sales.

The downward slide will continue.

That being said I do know that Ebay is rolling out a new Guaranteed Delivery Program. Do not know the details but it better be good.

Regards

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I have no intention of offering "Free Shipping" ....executed that experiment years ago & it was a total fail.

Free Shipping just means that the cost of shipping is included in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

What has changed over the past few years include the swift rise of phone shopping, where a simplified experience is necessary.

Free Shipping means the customer sees the full price without needing an extra step.

Picture /title/ price.

And of course a full description available for the more patient and cautious.

Free Shipping does not work for everyone or even for every listing.

I use it when I can use Flat Rate Shipping --which means anything I list on dotCOM.

I list on dotCA when Calculated Shipping is necessary.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Please read the title of the thread.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Spent a great deal of time several years ago working the various angles with so-called "Free Shipping" and it simply doesn't work for my items.  Since I don't list much on dotCom, don't have an eBay store (& have no need for that extra expense either) I really have no desire to put up with all the nonsense on dotCom...so all in all,  I go with what works for me.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@noveltyguys wrote:

... What needs to happen is what other Web Sites offer, free shipping. For Shipping within Canada the shipping is free. For Shipping to the US (Continental States only), the Shipping is Free if the order is over $99.00.

The Sellers can be competitive in their prices if they have free shipping covered by the large companies of Ebay and Shippo. ...

1: Shippo is primarily a shipping label processing company -- eBay.CA is just one of their customers. Shippo is not a large company.

2: eBay.CA has arranged additional shipping discounts for some of Canada Post's services if bought via their current label manager (Shippo).

3: There is no such thing as actual free shipping unless the shipping company hands it out. Like what Canada Post has been doing with their free shipping Tuesdays in October.  The 31st is the last day for free shipping via Canada Post's Snap Ship program. It might return next year. Canada Post is doing it for their own benefit -- not to help sellers sell.

4: What website offers a free shipping service for sellers?

For comparison: The "free" shipping on amazon is paid for out of the seller's pocket.

eBay.CA can do is to see if they can get better discounts from Canada Post and other shipping companies for the benefit of sellers. 

The drop to the new 10% discount level (about 1% of a sale for those who get the bonus) is not why stores are departing -- eBay (and the economy) has a host of other issues that are causing people to close their stores.

-..-

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@noveltyguys wrote:
...I do know that Ebay is rolling out a new Guaranteed Delivery Program. Do not know the details but it better be good.

Currently only for the US of A. Not for Canada.
Tracked shipping must be bought via an eBay partner (Shippo or ShipNow)

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html

Not particularly good -- as sellers not in the GDP will get less listing exposure (and thus fewer sales).

-..-

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

not why stores are departing -- eBay (and the economy) has a host of other issues that are causing people to close their stores.

I almost never disagree with you dennis, but it is worth noting that both in Canada and the USA the economy is in pretty good shape.

Unemployment in Canada, as a whole, is at 4.9%, which is the lowest in my memory. I believe our unemployment rate is usually seven percent.

And the Obama legacy is still in place in the USA correcting and improving the economy. We'll see what happens if Trump ever gets his agenda passed.

There are pockets of unemployment- NF is still around 15%.

Here in BC, the trades are crying out for skilled workers, including in construction. Our own city was persuaded not to go after the Amazon will o the wisp in part because there was not enough unemployment in the tech sector to supply workers and not enough consturction workers to build housing for them anyway.

Now if you mean that eBay sellers are leaving this side hustle to take jobs with a steady wage... we're back on track.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Your right Dennis

I just found out it is for .com only.

Well I have tried over the last 2 weeks to increase sales. I added 300+ listing and about 130 auctions. No sales except 2 who didn't pay so open item cases back to back. This brings me right back to the beginning of the title of the thread. If not shippo then Ebay has to step up. 

I think Ebay should not be separated with .ca and .com. Ebay name belongs to Ebay and there should be no reason they don't put it under one roof. Napa Auto parts did it. There was UAP/Napa in Canada and Napa in the US. Then did away with the Uap Napa name and Canada is now the same as the US. Napa thats it on both sides of the border.

I am trying to bring Ideas to the forefront. I hope others would contribute. 

Regards

Noveltyguys

Message 12 of 12
latest reply