Warning: I was charged for errors by Shippo and they refuse to refund me! Don't use Shippo!

So the other, I tried printing a label for an order and got an error in Shippo. I tried a second time and the same occured. On the third try, I tried changing a the shipping option and it worked. Everything was fine and the item was shipped.

Later this week, I noticed a few charges on my credit card that were inconsistent: I had three charges that were the same, a few minutes appart. I went to Canada Post and noticed that Shippo ordered 3 labels, 2 of them that there was an error and could not be processed. 

I called Canada Post and they told me that nothing went wrong and they couldn't refund me because Shippo made the order, not their service, and the labels were correct on their side.

Then the nightmare begins: of course, there's no call line for Shippo, only an e-mail form hidden in their "Customer Support". I wrote them and received an e-mail 2 days later telling me that they would investigate. 4 days later, still no news so I reply them and they tell me that "my request is on top priority and their engineers are investigating what happened." Oh well.

3 days later, still no news so I contact them again to get the same reply: Wow! The engineers must be working really hard on this cause they spent more than a week on that! Or maybe it's just some customer service bullsh*t and they don't really care. Go figure.

At this point, I'm **bleep** and just ask to get the labels refunded or credited and move on, cause otherwise, I'll file all the right complains to get my money back. 

Shippo's reply: "Well the label were charged by Canada Post so we can't refund them". Back to  square one and on the infinite loop of customer service. Now, I technically got frauded by Shippo, since they lied to me saying there was an error and no charges were made, while I got charged. 

For this, I'll never use shippo again and I strongly suggest you do the same: even if it can be quick to use, the day they'll screw up, and they often do, you'll get absolutely no support and you'll have to waste a huge amount of precious time to fight for it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Warning: I was charged for errors by Shippo and they refuse to refund me! Don't use Shippo!

Since you paid with a credit card call the credit card company to see if they will do a chargeback on the two labels in error.

How Canada Post and Shippo will react to that I do not know. Both are so incompetent that nothing will probably happen.

When calling your credit card company (toll free number on the back of your card), have all the details ready, be calm and factual and brief. Just the facts. No long story, no ranting about Shippo or Canada Post.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you go into your Shippo account and click on the shipment tabs there will be an option to Refund the labels. There may be a time window you are allowed to do this. Always best to do immediately. They should take approximately 2 weeks to process once they see the labels have not been used. Unfortunately, it is not a refund like in the USA but a credit to your account. If it will let you print those labels and you check the Canadapost tracking they will show created but never scanned into transit. Hope this is a partial solution for you? With Shippo they need to confirm that items were never actually put into transit. If you don't see the credit in 2 to 3 weeks follow up and check status with Shippo.

-CM

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ITS ALWAYS A GOOD PRACTICE TO HAVE A SCREENSHOT WHEN YOU GET AN ERROR WITH SHIPPO - WE HAD A FEW INSTANCES AND WE GOT OUR FUNDS BACK SINCE WE HAD DEFINATE PROOF INT HE FORM OF THE SCREENSHOTS SHOWING THEIR ERROR MESSAGES.

NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY STILL MADE US WAIT ALMOST TWO WEEKS BEFORE CREDITING OUR ACCOUNT - THEIR LOGIC FOR THE DELAY WAS TO INSURE THAT WE INFACT HAD NOT USED THE SHIPPING LABELS THAT WERE NEVER GENERATED - GO FIGURE!

WE USED THE SNIPIT TOOL BUILT INTO WINDOWS 10.

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

If you go into your Shippo account and click on the shipment tabs there will be an option to Refund the labels. There may be a time window you are allowed to do this. Always best to do immediately. They should take approximately 2 weeks to process once they see the labels have not been used. Unfortunately, it is not a refund like in the USA but a credit to your account. If it will let you print those labels and you check the Canadapost tracking they will show created but never scanned into transit. Hope this is a partial solution for you? With Shippo they need to confirm that items were never actually put into transit. If you don't see the credit in 2 to 3 weeks follow up and check status with Shippo.

-CM

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

One other suggestion, if you have shipments  that did not print, in your explanation show the item that was processed properly and then the others that weren't(not showing any scans) for a comparison. You will still have to wait for the credit(s) but this is your confirming proof. Last suggestion that has worked for me in the past, is if you do reboot of your computer without closing any site windows when your computer returns your page may reload and you will now be able to print without creating a new shipment. Sometimes all it takes is a printer to reset and things to print as they should.

-CM

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@retromtl wrote:

Later this week, I noticed a few charges on my credit card that were inconsistent: I had three charges that were the same, a few minutes appart. I went to Canada Post and noticed that Shippo ordered 3 labels, 2 of them that there was an error and could not be processed. 

Call your credit card company and tell them those charges were not "authorized by you"

and ask to have them credited back.

We had that happen with Canada Post - unauthorized charges on our Credit Card - and the Credit Card company reversed the charges.  Never did hear from Canada Post about that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is why I walk to my local postal outlet with my packages. I realize its not an option for everyone, but I see a few benefits:

1.) It gets me out of the house and walking (exercise=good)

2.) I get to talk to real humans in the real world. (Insane eh?)

3.) I get a physical sheet of paper with tracking numbers. (Digital copies are so 24th century....)

4.) I reduce my stress by avoiding online services that really don't match the simplicity or accuracy of using a CPC approved scale at a Authorized Outlet. (Charge backs anyone?)

5.) I have an awesome five point bullet point to post to this thread and encourage others to simplify and awesomeify their lives. (Real word, just made it up....)

But seriously, I go to the local outlet because it's easier for me and I avoid stress from dealing with things online. Plus, once it's been scanned at the outlet, I can relax.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply