Failure to show Tracked Packet US shipping Work Around

I've noticed that Canadapost tracked Packet US was working on some of my listings and not others AFTER completing the deleat Canadapost Air Parcel work around.

CP tracked Packet US size limit is 90cm L+W+H and 1kg.    (1 kg is about 2.2 pounds).

When I set the package weight at 2 pounds, the ebay shipping rate calculator does not show a Canadpost Tracked Packet US rate (just gives a message to the US buyer that shipping can not be calculated).

When I change the same package weight to 16 oz and zero pounds, the ebay shipping calculator works for CP Tracked Packet USA.

You can adjust the fixed charge (packing fees etc) to compensate for the additional cost of the 500g to 1kg weight.

This is also an example of the incompetent computer code produced by ebay, and the lack of support given to ebay.ca vs ebay.com

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

It’s a volumetric weight limit of 1 kg to the USA. Not just a weight limit.
Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Also, I’d recommend that you switch to metric units of measurement for accurate results.
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Thanks for stating the obvious. What is your point?

ps, this is why I wrote the following in my opening statement

"CP tracked Packet US size limit is 90cm L+W+H and 1kg" (taking you through this very slowly so you can keep up, the 90cm L+W+H refers to the volumetric limit, and the 1kg refers to the weight limit)
Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Why do you make this recommendation?

Are you claiming that metric measurements are more accurate than imperial measurements?

Are you claiming that an inch is not an exact length? OR that an ounce is not an exact weight?

FYI (that means FOR YOUR INFORMATION), the above problem is worst in metric.

A Canadapost tracked Packet US item within the volumetric limit (see above), with a weight of 500 grams does not produce a shipping result, where as using 499 grams does.

For the slow learners here who are about to say that 500g exceeds the limit, the weight limit is 1kg for Canadapost tracked packet US.
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

You’re not going to achieve success here with hostility.

Please screenshot the item’s size dimensions and weight from the listing in your reply this time.
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

I don’t think you understand the volumetric limit of 1 kg for USA Tracked Packet includes the dimensions plus the weight.
Message 7 of 38
latest reply

When you check the availability of services on that package dimension plus weight against Canada Post and the Find a Rate tool, what options do you see presented to you? Please also screenshot.
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

In the continuing saga of the postage calculator tool, I just did a random check on one of my smaller sized, higher valued item that does display rates and confirmed the methods I made available in that listing. (I base my available shipping methods on item value, size and risk of being damaged in transit) When I checked shipping options/rates for Canada Regular/Expedited/Xpresspost all displayed as they should in my listing. For USA only Tracked displayed but not Expedited or Xpresspost as originally selected. For International(UK) again only Tracked displayed but not Xpresspost as originally selected. I confirmed at the Canadapost website and all chosen options applied to the listing were available with rates using the same dimensions in the listing. When I've had a listing sell, the original options included in the listing all are displayed correctly in Shippo. I've noted in the past that Shippo does not seem to always catch proper box sizes according to Canadapost guidelines. Personally unsure why the box needs to be a certain size. I've yet to have a package audited because of the guidelines. As long as the box  contains the item being shipped properly and there is room to attach the postage labels required all should be good. Larger boxes just make the post office more money. Although, I could re-test in 1 hour and get completely different results. And I have in the recent past.

-CM

PS. I am aware of weight limits/dim requirements etc for the various services and all services are not always available to all countries. Also of note, as sellers we do not always have an unlimited assortment of various sized boxes available so we use what we have.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

With postage to the USA, you have to specify a zoo code to get rates displayed for Expedited Parcel USA and Xpresspost USA because Tracked Packet is the only one that is flat-rate regardless of which zone the recipient is in. For the record, my listing does not have Expedited Parcel identified as an option. It's generally pointless, in my opinion, to offer Expedited Parcel if the item is under the 1kg volumetric limit and able to ship via Tracked Packet USA. 

Results with zip specifiedResults with zip specifiedResults with no zip specifiedResults with no zip specified

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Also, all my workarounds are still fully functional on my listings. I would suggest that if your results vary, it's due to the ongoing work ebay is doing on it to hopefully fix this.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

I offer Expedited to the USA so if required I can include additional insurance. Limit with tracked is 100.00 value. And I get the same with results with both zip(zoo)  🙂 code included and not included. I've always inputted a zipcode (90210) when using the calculator. Just out of habit. Canadapost works with either Zip or state. 

-CM

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

With postage to the USA, you have to specify a ZIP code to get rates displayed.... 

My apologies, that should say Zip Code as opposed to what autocorrected without me noticing. It's not a 'zoo' code. 

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
I don’t think you understand the volumetric limit of 1 kg for USA Tracked Packet includes the dimensions plus the weight.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that if a package is less than 1kg but that if the volumetric rate is over 1kg, then it can't be sent TP?  I've never heard that before. What is the dimensional factor that they use to figure out the volumetric weight and where do you see that?  Price is based on actual weight for tracked packet so I would surprised if they used dimensional weight to decide on whether or not it is over 1 kg. 

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

For USA only Tracked displayed but not Expedited or Xpresspost as originally selected. For International(UK) again only Tracked displayed but not Xpresspost as originally selected.

Did those packages have the minimum dimensions of  21cm x 14cm x 1cm?  Those are the minimum measurements for both Xpresspost  USA/International and Expedited Parcel USA.    I realize that there are glitches with the calculator right  but I'm curious if in this case it is a glitch or that the packages too small.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp#1389564

I confirmed at the Canadapost website and all chosen options applied to the listing were available with rates using the same dimensions in the listing.

If you are referring to the CP calculator, that will give you a price for expedited and xpresspost even when the dimensions are too small. But if you tried to print a label using those dimensions it wouldn't work.

I've noted in the past that Shippo does not seem to always catch proper box sizes according to Canadapost guidelines.

What do you mean? Are you saying that Shippo will let you print out a label even when a package is too small or too big for that service?

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

This is kind of the problem. They don't have enough fingers to plug all the holes they are making with their repair attempts and do sellers really have the time to keep updating their listings?

-CM

PS. I tried a creating a listing on Dot com. I just ended up pulling out my hair like someone else suggested for a different problem.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

The last time I played with USA Tracked Packet on CPC Find a Rate, there was a volumetric limit of one kg. Maybe this was a Jan 15 change, I don’t know. What I can tell you is that the limit was there and that I created an (oversize) failure to show Tracked Packet with parcels that otherwise fit their strictly dimensional limits on both measures of length and weight. So that only Expedited and Xpresspost USA were shown. I can’t experiment at the moment to recreate this phenomenon for the thread because I’m not at my desk. You can try it youself, though. Pick a size that borders on almost too big and partner it with a weight that’s almost too big. I expect you’ll see Tracked Packet disappears in CPC Find a Rate even though it should not as far as we know because it’s still under 90 cm and 1 kg. Unless CPC was tooling with the tool while I was tooling with it and it created false results for me.
Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Well, I can’t reproduce it now when I try on my mobile device. Either I’m making an error with my previous findings, or Canada Post was fiddling with their tool. As we know from the boards, it’s usually a user error at play when people start reporting weird findings so, ego aside, I have to assume it’s more likely to be that I’m the one who is mistaken.
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

The package measurements I used on my listing were 20 cm x 16 cm x 6 cm and under 500 gr so the answer would be no. I always package in a box that my item fits in safely. With dimensional rating you should be able to package in the smallest box to reduce postage.  Otherwise you would need 2 boxes for some items to meet measurement requirements. In the past using Paypal, if the option required  was not displaying I would at that point package in a slightly larger box. As for Shippo I use exclusively except for packages that can go letter rate. And yes, Shippo will let you print postage even if it is under the requirements. It's a bug they've never caught or repaired. If it accepts my inputted measurements and allows me the option i need, who am I to argue with a computer. 

-CM

PS. Used the same measurements as noted above in the Canadapost calculator and they worked.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I do not encounter your problems with those dimensions or weight. Please see 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/332564920037

The internal workings of the listingThe internal workings of the listingThe results when listedThe results when listed

Try switching your units of measurement to metric from imperial if you want to continue troubleshooting. 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply