How can I filter out all items that "May not ship to Canada" when I'm on ebay.ca?

How can I eliminate all items that "May not ship to Canada" when I'm on the Canadian eBay site ebay.ca?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How can I filter out all items that "May not ship to Canada" when I'm on ebay.ca?

Odd, if you are logged into ebay.ca you shouldn't see those. Try a Canada Only search at left?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@chris1guy wrote:

How can I eliminate all items that "May not ship to Canada" when I'm on the Canadian eBay site ebay.ca?

Can happen when eBay has no idea where you are located and takes a guess based on where your search request is being routed from on the internet. Are you searching without being signed in to your account? Or using a privacy proxy when browsing?

You could try narrowing the location search setting to "Canada Only".

-..-
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@chris1guy wrote:

I thought this message came up when the seller has worldwide shipping but only has a shipping cost for some but not all countries. So the seller may not have a shipping cost setup for Canada. When you go directly into the listing and check the shipping for Canada, you see a more detailed message "May not ship to Canada . Please contact the seller for shipping costs."

Since the seller is willing to ship to ship to Canada, search is working properly.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

True. In that case, the buyer should contact the seller for an estimated shipping cost to Canada.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If it says may not ship to Canada the seller does not have Canada listed as a ship to place but because they have not blocked 'buyers who have a primary address in a country that I don't ship to' in site preferences-buyer requirements it will show the 'may ship to....'. for other countries.

If the seller lists Canada but does not have a shipping cost set up the listing will say:

'Shipping: Will ship to Canada. Read item description or contact seller for shipping options.'

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You can't eliminate them but if you sort your search by price + shipping lowest first the listings without a shipping cost to your location will be at the very end of the search.  If you have search set up to show shipping costs on the search page (go to view - customize). those listings will also show on the search page as shipping not specified.

However, when you open some of those listings with shipping not specified some of them might say Will ship to Canada, contact seller for costs. I.tend to ignore those listings because I don't want to have to contact them, they should have the cost listed although I'm sure that some buyers feel differently.  But the majority of not specified listings will say May ship to Canada which likely means that they don't ship here, they just didn't realize they need to block countries they don't ship to.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am signed in and I'm on the Canadian eBay site so I'd expect to be able to filter out all "may NOT ship to Canada" listings.

If the seller doesn't specify Canada or only lists US then I don't want to see it. I'll buy from sellers around the world and I'll contact seller for shipping but NOT when they list ships only to US or similar.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What you're seeing is Items from sellers who haven't adequately set-up their shipping preferences. There's not much eBay can do about that. You have to ask for a postage quote, that's all.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply