eBay Canada…could you leave Christmas advertising until after Remembrance Day?

Dear eBay Canada,

It would be really nice if you could leave the Christmas advertising, reindeer and all other Christmas related stuff until after Remembrance Day.

I am a super loyal eBay user and I'm also a serving member of the Royal Canadian Air Force currently deployed in the Middle East. It would be very appropriate if you could just wait. You see… No one forgets Christmas… A lot of people forget about Remembrance Day. Or maybe you could remove the reindeer and Christmas stuff on Remembrance Day and put a Poppy up with "Lest We Forget".

It's just a suggestion, but it would be appreciated by many.

Thank you for listening.

A Canadian Soldier Girl in the Middle East

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@red_headed_goddess wrote:

Dear eBay Canada,

It would be really nice if you could leave the Christmas advertising, reindeer and all other Christmas related stuff until after Remembrance Day.

I am a super loyal eBay user and I'm also a serving member of the Royal Canadian Air Force currently deployed in the Middle East. It would be very appropriate if you could just wait. You see… No one forgets Christmas… A lot of people forget about Remembrance Day. Or maybe you could remove the reindeer and Christmas stuff on Remembrance Day and put a Poppy up with "Lest We Forget".

Thank you for listening.

Hi red_headed_goddess,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll put it forward, for sure. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the online 'Holiday Season' is a bit different than brick-and-mortar businesses, as shipping needs to be incorporated into the equation. Losing about 11-12 days could have some negative effects not only for eBay, but also businesses who rely on this busy time of year. Typically speaking, this timeframe start November 1 - the same time that it starts at regular offline businesses. 

Some provinces observe today as a Statutory Holiday, and a lot of folks are wearing poppies to keep today's purpose alive - which makes me think it's very much top of mind. 

I, along with eBay Canada, thank you very much for your service.

Sincerely,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@red_headed_goddess wrote:

Dear eBay Canada,

Thank you for listening.

Hi red_headed_goddess,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll put it forward, for sure. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the online 'Holiday Season' is a bit different than brick-and-mortar businesses, as shipping needs to be incorporated into the equation. Losing about 11-12 days could have some negative effects not only for eBay, but also businesses who rely on this busy time of year. Typically speaking, this timeframe start November 1 - the same time that it starts at regular offline businesses. 

Some provinces observe today as a Statutory Holiday, and a lot of folks are wearing poppies to keep today's purpose alive - which makes me think it's very much top of mind. 

I, along with eBay Canada, thank you very much for your service.

Sincerely,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 2
latest reply