"Trading Assistants" have not existed in Canada for some time but the pages are still up.

ashleedawg
Community Member

I figured the eBay "Trading Assistants" (individuals who would sell you stuff on ebay for you) was a dying breed a few years ago when there were only 2 or 3 in my province.  I checked again today on the map,

http://tradingassistant.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=TradingAssistant&page=results&sortC...

which apparently tells me they no longer exist in Canada at all.  I confirmed this by calling in and speaking to two agents including someone from the American equivalent who confirmed that Canada no longer has such a deal.

Has the program closed down completely or is there just NOBODY signed up at this time?

Search Google or directly on ebay.ca,  there are a number of references to the Trading Assistants on the site, which need to be taken down.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Trading Assistants" have not existed in Canada for some time but the pages are still up.

I don't think it has existed on dotCOM for a few years either.

It was not a popular program to begin with. Few consignors used it and the assistants mostly lost money.

People on both sides of the deal were shocked by the actual cost of selling on eBay, which I usually try to think of as 20% of gross (allowing for occasional problems ) plus the cost of hiring someone to actually do the work.

Assistants to make a living had to be choosy about what they accepted, have storage space, and get paid more than minimum wage-- which is 18 cents a minute here in BC.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply