Parcel stuck in Toronto ? Always issues with Pitney

tbwwdtw
Community Member

Hi,

I bought an expensive item ( 2800$) on Ebay and again i have issues with the GSP and Pitney i received almost one week an update after that no update no tracking from Intelcom, Canada Post or any carriers. The delivery date was supposed to be yesterday. Call Pitney and tell me can't tell me anything because I bought it on Ebay so Ebay needs to call them ... Any help please? I want my purchase not a refund.

Customs Cleared Toronto, L4Y1S2

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you phone Pitney Bowes? Don't.

You are better to deal with robotic programs who don't get confused.

Try this:

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (begins with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, often Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Now if your parcel is not already on the move, and remember the tracking shows the last place the item was recorded not the current situation:

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.
The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don’t get into a conversation.
You want either a prompt refund OR a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.
Do NOT accept a replacement. It won’t arrive.
Do NOT close the Dispute until you have the product or the refund.
If you have already attempted to Contact the Seller, skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If there is significant further delay:

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi

thanks for the help. 

Yes i called Pitney and talked with an agent with no help just tell me ask Ebay a refund. I don't have any tracking on the top right like you can see on the picture attached. I want my item not a refund so it is crazy this situationCapture d’écran 2022-03-10 à 13.35.21.png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Why did you crop out the last tracking event?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Not crop just select the top right to answer to the previous comment. The last tracking event is cleared customs. Anyone can help me please

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I want my item not a refund so it is crazy this situation

The interesting thing about GSP/Pitney Bowes is that they have very good insurance.

And they understand what their actual costs are.

So if they lose an  Item Not Received dispute, they refund.

And.

If the purchase shows up later, they don't care. Keep it, toss it,donate it. They are done with it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@tbwwdtw wrote:

Not crop just select the top right to answer to the previous comment. The last tracking event is cleared customs. Anyone can help me please

But when and where was the item last scanned?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Is your item’s total price $2800 US or $2800 Canadian? I just remembered there’s a cap on the value of GSP shipments and for Canada it’s US$2500 “including shipping and handling,” whatever that means.

If it's C$2800, you're probably okay, but otherwise. . . 😬 

https://www.ebay.com/help/global-shipping-program/default/global-shipping-program?id=4646

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

My last GSP purchase (for comparison):

Mar 7 - "Customs Cleared Toronto, L4Y 1S2"

Mar 8 - "In Transit with Destination Carrier"

Mar 9 - Intelcom tracking number appeared on ebay tracking for the item

Mar 10 - delivered

Message 9 of 9
latest reply