Shippo Label Creation Issues, Canada Post

Is anyone else having issues creating a shipping label via Shippo for Canada Post? After I enter dimensions, I usually get the price, and then follow normal procedures to purchase and then print label. Today, getting a Rates Unavailable message in a box with a short list of reasons why there is an issue with my package. 

Must be a temp issue from Shippo?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Shippo Label Creation Issues, Canada Post

It usually happen if the buyer has not provided a phone number. USA and International shipment require a phone number. Check your buyer's address. Cheers!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks. Canadian purchaser, but I will check.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

One of the three I am having issues with has an incorrect postal code. The other may be an issue because of the way the buyer wrote his address (used # instead of Apt. or No.). Just guessing.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Follow up, the addresses were actually correct so there was no fault at my end nor the purchasers. It must be a Shippo glitch?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Final note, for now. Did some checking on past threads. If Canada Post site down, which it may be for Easter Sunday, then rates may not be available. Could be same with Shippo. I will give it until tomorrow to see if the problem is rectified.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I have been dealing with the same issue since last night, despite having created a few labels yesterday.

Contrary to what this error typically indicates (i.e., account details are incorrect/API isn't synced), I haven't made any changes on my end that would instigate this. I tried going into the Carrier settings and switching the Canada Post connection from Active to Inactive then Active again, but this made no difference.

When I checked Canada Post's Snap Ship portal to see if there were any technical issues, trying to navigate the dashboard after logging in initially produced multiple error messages.

I suspect the system is simply down.

Shippo Error.jpg

For the record, this is for a US order and the buyer has provided their phone number, so that's not the issue.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much for your confirmation. Isn't this usually the case: tech issues at other end? LOL.

In any event, I will wait until tomorrow and check.

Thanks for your feedback; let's hope they get back on track!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi there. I just sold another item and this time all worked well with label.

However, the previous three that did not work well still will not process as per usual - still get the error message. I assume because they were processed previously then the problem will remain with this trio of sold items? I will keep refreshing the Shippo sold page, but looks like I may have to create my own labels with Canada Post. That said, I assume there won't be a problem with Shippo?

We'll see what tomorrow holds ...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to finally generate the label I started last night.

There are still problems with the system, though, according to Canada Post's status page (referenced in another thread): https://status.canadapost.ca/

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I've seen those messages a couple of times in the past.  It's been a while but in my case I think that once that happened I left shippo and then signed in again but didn't go through ebay..I went to shippo directly and didn't have a problem after that.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply