web site issue

robb282
Community Member

so ive had a couple issues happen recently, i want to know why

1 - this has occurred several times over the last few weeks

i dont know if it matteres, seller is sabbashop

i will be watching an item, not in my watch list but on my screen, live

when it ends a new different item from a different seller appears on my screen, why ?

2 - this just happened

again watching an item, i bed in the last few seconds

the next screen says i need to enter a higher amount
i click the back button to see what it sold for and i get another item from the same seller
also was with sabbashop

why is this happening ???

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: web site issue

This sounds to me like a glitch. Or series of glitches.

My first thought was that the seller was somehow Revising the Active item which is allowed under most circumstances unless there are bids on a live auction and it is about to end. 

But then I went to the seller's listings and saw they are associated with Products in the ebay Product Catalogue. 

This made me suspect the items are being live-revised by ebay as they shift their Product Catalogue.

Or, and this has happened to me, something WEIRD is happening with watches. I have had someone else's complete Watch History show on my profile while I was looking at other stuff which is completely unrelated. Antique cuckoo clocks? I might admire them in someone else's house but I've never bid on them on ebay despite what wires crossed showed that I had. So....

ebay is doing a lot of work on the backend these days, and I can only assume this is causing glitches. Sometimes they do them overnight (our time) and are known to do official Site Maintenance on Thursdays overnight, or at least that used to be the pattern.

Only guesses, I'm afraid. But it's the best we can do. 

Maybe screenshot it next time. 

Or give item numbers.

Or ask the seller? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: web site issue

"...when it ends a new different item from a different seller appears on my screen, why ?"

This is a new 'feature' from ebay. Once a listing ends, it is 'unavailable' and the company wants to sell things so anything not presently available for sale becomes a 'similar' product from another seller which is actually buy-able. 

I've yet to hear about someone who likes this feature.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2018/6/1527962139.html

Message 3 of 3
latest reply