April 11th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi there -

Opening the chat up for the chat tomorrow. See you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi Tyler,

I am still having problems with combined shipping. I have my listings set that for every extra item they buy & add to the cart it will only add $1.00 extra. I have had only 2 buyers figure out how to do this. I had a person buy 2 items & did not add them together but paid for each seperately. I had to refund one shipping charge. Then I had another buyer add 2 items & pay on one invoice but they were charged double shipping. I again had to refund them one shipping charge. I really don't know what is going on. I think eBay should educate buyers how to add to the cart & get combined shipping. Was wondering if you could refund me the 2 extra charges again. Forgot how to send you a personal message though. Thanks for your help.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Hey! So.... the Seller Hub on April 16. Can I assume the much-anticipated Promotions Manager will simply miraculously appear at the same moment?! I'm willing to put up with any torture the Seller's Hub throws at me simply to get my sweaty, wet hands on a Promotions Manager. I've been waiting years for this moment. Years. 

And ebay Open: do you offer bursaries to needy sellers who want to go but cannot afford to do so? Ahaha. Just joking. Not really. I'd love to visit the hottest place on earth mid-summer for something like this. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Any update on the returns situation re: remorse returns?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

A suggestion that the announcement link at the bottom of each page be linked to the new announcement page.  I'm sure that many people click on that link, glance at the top annoucement and see that there has been nothing new posted there since January. I doubt that everyone even knows where the announcement board is now.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Hello Tyler:

Would it be possible to add a tab to search sellers who DO NOT use the GSP? I, along with the vast majority of Canadian buyers would prefer not to purchase from sellers using this method of shipping and would like to streamline our shopping experience. The current ongoing discussions on here should be enough to prove the majorities lack of satisfaction  with this program and its benefits.

-CM

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I just remembered another issue that some people are having with the new format for leaving feedback. It seems to cut off some peoples words & you are left with only a few letters. If you look at the last few feedbacks that were left for me you can see what I mean. That hardly ever happened before. Thanks

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I am still having problems with combined shipping. I have my listings set that for every extra item they buy & add to the cart it will only add $1.00 extra. I have had only 2 buyers figure out how to do this. I had a person buy 2 items & did not add them together but paid for each seperately. I had to refund one shipping charge. Then I had another buyer add 2 items & pay on one invoice but they were charged double shipping. I again had to refund them one shipping charge. I really don't know what is going on. I think eBay should educate buyers how to add to the cart & get combined shipping. Was wondering if you could refund me the 2 extra charges again. Forgot how to send you a personal message though. Thanks for your help.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - Instructions on how to message me should (hopefully) be attached to this reply. 🙂

If a buyer uses the Buy it Now button it will take them through checkout immediately, which bypasses combined shipping rules since we don't know that they're buying more than one.

You can always contact CS by phone or social media (Facebook or Twitter) and they can help out too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Question regarding reporting listings that are using search & browse manipulation, keyword spamming.

I was researching a Matchbox BMW Cabriolet yesterday and I found a few of these cars however one of the listings that came up had non item specifics in their title.  In this case they had some Hot Wheels terms such as blackwalls, redlines etc.  For this particular listing the car is a matchbox and no keyword hot wheels descriptions should be listed in the title

The seller in question includes redlines & blackwalls  in the description as these are popular searches for older hot wheels cars but have nothing to do with the sellers Matchbox listing.  In other words if someone searches bmw hot wheels redlines.  This matchbox listing will pop up when it has nothing to do with being a hot wheels bmw redline.

I reported this listing using the link as in my opinion this is search & browse manipulation, keyword spamming.

My question is if someone on the back end receives my report unless they are knowledgeable about vintage diecast cars they are not going to understand why I have reported this item.  How do we make sure that ebay staff understands why an item is being reported.  Please note there was no option for me to add a bit of background as to why the listing was reported.

Thank you for your time

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Any update on the returns situation re: remorse returns?

Hi @hlmacdon - not currently, no. Clarification has been more difficult to get, but I'm working with the teams involved more directly and hopefully will have updates sooner than later. Thanks for the reminder!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

A suggestion that the announcement link at the bottom of each page be linked to the new announcement page.  I'm sure that many people click on that link, glance at the top annoucement and see that there has been nothing new posted there since January. I doubt that everyone even knows where the announcement board is now.

Great catch @pjcdn2005! I've made sure the right people are aware and hopefully we can see that direct to the updated board quickly. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Follow up to 2nd Hand Jewelry's concern.

Re:Calculator issues with purchases of more than 1 of an item.

The newest case number I have for this issue is 1-152952928387 opened in March of this year. This is the same issue I reported in Nov of 2017. From my understanding it was closed  sometime in 2017 because they thought they had it fixed. Unfortunately it is still an issue. I spoke to CS this morning and was told it is still being worked on? If you can do anything to find out the status of this problem or speed up its progress any help would be extremely appreciated. Buyers try to use the calculator. It doesn't work, they just go elsewhere.

-CM

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler:

Would it be possible to add a tab to search sellers who DO NOT use the GSP? I, along with the vast majority of Canadian buyers would prefer not to purchase from sellers using this method of shipping and would like to streamline our shopping experience. The current ongoing discussions on here should be enough to prove the majorities lack of satisfaction  with this program and its benefits.

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - that's a fair suggestion. Ultimately our goal is to make sure that you can find the item you're looking to purchase, so anything that can limit that chance is something we do with a lot of caution. However, a way to filter out items by shipping method may help increase those sales. I'll pitch the idea.

For the time being, however, the best option you have is to message sellers directly to see if they would be willing to ship direct rather than use the Global Shipping Program.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I just remembered another issue that some people are having with the new format for leaving feedback. It seems to cut off some peoples words & you are left with only a few letters. If you look at the last few feedbacks that were left for me you can see what I mean. That hardly ever happened before. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know about that - I'll let the product teams know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Hey! So.... the Seller Hub on April 16. Can I assume the much-anticipated Promotions Manager will simply miraculously appear at the same moment?! I'm willing to put up with any torture the Seller's Hub throws at me simply to get my sweaty, wet hands on a Promotions Manager. I've been waiting years for this moment. Years. 

And ebay Open: do you offer bursaries to needy sellers who want to go but cannot afford to do so? Ahaha. Just joking. Not really. I'd love to visit the hottest place on earth mid-summer for something like this. 

Hi @momcqueen - get some Gold Bond for your palms and buckle in, because you should be getting the fully-loaded Seller Hub, Promotions Manager and all.

And on eBay Open: I think you mean the most-air-conditioned place on earth! No bursary that I'm aware of, but I'll ask.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@edubb101 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Question regarding reporting listings that are using search & browse manipulation, keyword spamming.

I was researching a Matchbox BMW Cabriolet yesterday and I found a few of these cars however one of the listings that came up had non item specifics in their title.  In this case they had some Hot Wheels terms such as blackwalls, redlines etc.  For this particular listing the car is a matchbox and no keyword hot wheels descriptions should be listed in the title

The seller in question includes redlines & blackwalls  in the description as these are popular searches for older hot wheels cars but have nothing to do with the sellers Matchbox listing.  In other words if someone searches bmw hot wheels redlines.  This matchbox listing will pop up when it has nothing to do with being a hot wheels bmw redline.

I reported this listing using the link as in my opinion this is search & browse manipulation, keyword spamming.

My question is if someone on the back end receives my report unless they are knowledgeable about vintage diecast cars they are not going to understand why I have reported this item.  How do we make sure that ebay staff understands why an item is being reported.  Please note there was no option for me to add a bit of background as to why the listing was reported.

Thank you for your time

Hi @edubb101 - I took a look at this and see that the report item form changes between sites. eBay.CA doesn't have a 'description' box after you select your report reasons. eBay.COM does.

The people that work item reports are good at what they do - but aren't quite experts on everything (yet Smiley Wink). For this type of situation I'd consider reporting it from the .com site so you can give that added insight. I'm sure that most items in violation you come across will be obvious or blatant to anyone reviewing them and won't need any other details.

Just in case however, if it's a violation you feel needs to have a bit more context consider reporting it from .com.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week! I'll be on the boards for a bit longer today and then on Friday. See you around. 😄

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply