February 7th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening up the discussion for tomorrow (apologies for the late posting)!

I'll be online tomorrow afternoon to respond.

See you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Hi Tyler, I am really not happy with the New Community Discussion Board. There are so many old posts showing up (some from years ago).  It would be nice if the posts were all in order of date & listing. Very frustrating to find the latest posts.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hello Tyler: Seems like the shipping calculator for USA is still not working.
The last time I wrote about it here the problem was the Red Error Message showing up. Shipping was being calculated but the Error said it wasn't.

Now the Red Error message is gone but the calculator is not working. For Small Packet it should work with or without the Postal Code which should be changed to Zip Code for USA (which is a minior detail but...) because the cost is the same to all States. I tried it with and without Zip/Postal code and nothing happens. It works for Canada and other countries.

This is pretty serious that it does not work at all for USA. I'm not sure what is happening because I just had a sale to the States today, and the buyer paid the correct shipping cost. I don't know if it is just not being shown so a buyer can preview it or maybe it is different for everyone. I know I wouldn't buy anything unless I could see the shipping cost first.

One of the items I checked is: 282802218643
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Good evening!

As you may have gathered from the threads and active comments about it, the Calcated Shipping problem with eBay.ca Listings presents a real problem to many Canadian sellers. Is there a fix date for it? Users are growing anxious with worry about lost revenue.

Thanks,
Maureen
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hi -  Just wondering why the options to search highest price and lowest price is no longer available as of the past few days?  Those options only appear with shipping added.  I prefer to start searches with just price.  That way I can get a quick idea on the range of prices available.  Adding in shipping just makes searching a more labor intensive and time consuming undertaking.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Doing a search for Highest First  and Lowest First  is still available on eBay Canada.

But... NOT... available on eBay.com....

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I too would like an update on this very issue, it is most concerning.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hello Tyler its been more then 10 days since tech support contacted me and still there isnt  solutions.I have already canceled around 9 orders because of the glitch this is lost revenue for me .Changing prices,shipping cost to USA,sales shows active but the items are in there regular prices .
Markdown manager its terible.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

The shipping information is totally missing from our auctions that were listed on eBay.ca and have calculated shipping.

Here is what we see when we click on the auctions listed with calculated shipping on eBay.ca:

SHIPPING 5.png

Shipping is missing even when viewed on eBay.com.

Is this  problem going to be fixed? 

Will eBay compensate sellers in any way for this on going problem?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

I originally called eBay back in December about this postage calculator not working for multiple quantities of an item. It progressed to no shipping calculations being available for potential USA buyers. Now I am finding quoted prices when you check for postage as not being accurate, as either a lot higher than they should be or not including proper handling fee. I was told this issue was escalated in January and have been told on several occasions I would be hearing back from  ebay by phone, Kalvin at ebay along with a simioviva0 also from ebay by email. Nothing in weeks. Is this being fixed and are we going to be able to get some sort of a refund from eBay for our fees for all of our lost business as Canadian sellers? This quote of 2 months to resolve is extremely aggravating.

Regards,

-CM

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I have not been receiving email notifications this year for any of my sold items.

This is a serious concern since it is a vital part of my record keeping.

CSR was notified about this a few weeks ago...

Could you please look into this matter?

Thank you.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Hi tyler.  You might remember helping me on facebook last november where my issue with my ebay gift card and  ebay coupon had money "disappear" with the coupon amount also deducted from my gift card.  I assume the same tyler anyway

Forward 2 months and I got  a refund for not received items.  Ebay case looks fine.  paypal entry *looks* like I got a refund...not a cent added back to the gc nor anywhere else.  There is an ebay email attached to the paypal refund...multiple tries and no acknowledgement at all.  So back to facebook and its looked into... and some money gets added to the gift card but not enough .  Facebook tries to say its correct but agrees to look into it further which im awating further reply.  Luckily its a very small amount of money

But I find it very disturbing that not only have I twice now had money "disappear" from a gift card, but that ebay has been getting complaints about exactly the same thing for *YEARS* and done nothing about it

eg multipe reports of EXACTLY the same thing here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/ebay-gift-card-is-a-fraud-if-you-have-a-refund/td-p/25...

So unless the gift card holder watches like a hawk, transactions are looking like everything is fine but you never get the money unless you find someone on ebay to fight with.  Which it appears ebay is very well aware of., which makes this look very shady that it continues to this day.  The paypal transaction for this looks like any other adding money to my account, 

I would certainly NEVER trust an ebay gift card again.   While you were good agreeing with/resolving my issue, the facebook rep is being argumentative.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

No it is not.  I am searching on .CA and it has not been available for several days.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

wrote:

Hi Tyler, I am really not happy with the New Community Discussion Board. There are so many old posts showing up (some from years ago).  It would be nice if the posts were all in order of date & listing. Very frustrating to find the latest posts.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I know that it can be really frustrating to stumble across old threads. I try to get the ones I find locked down, and I know that we have been working with Lithium to get a more permanent solution in place.

In the meantime, if you do happen across threads that haven't had a reply in 6 months or more feel free to tag me in the thread (write "@tyler@ebay" in a reply field and let me know it's a Zombie) and I'll get a notification and can come get it shut down.

We also have a board open for you to share your feedback, and @happy_pigeon has been overseeing requests and is great at letting you know what's on the roadmap for the future.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

wrote:

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I know that it can be really frustrating to stumble across old threads. I try to get the ones I find locked down, and I know that we have been working with Lithium to get a more permanent solution in place.

In the meantime, if you do happen across threads that haven't had a reply in 6 months or more feel free to tag me in the thread (write "@tyler@ebay" in a reply field and let me know it's a Zombie) and I'll get a notification and can come get it shut down.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I hate zombie threads too! I've archive a lot of old threads in the past few weeks, but they do occasionally get dredged up, either because (A) someone has commented on them recently (meaning they won't be caught by the parameters I use when I'm trying to archive), or (B) because the in-built Archive function, frankly, barely works, and things do slip through the cracks.

@As Tyler mentioned, the best thing to do is to @ one of us and we'll come and lock the thread.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

wrote:
Hello Tyler: Seems like the shipping calculator for USA is still not working.
The last time I wrote about it here the problem was the Red Error Message showing up. Shipping was being calculated but the Error said it wasn't.

Now the Red Error message is gone but the calculator is not working. For Small Packet it should work with or without the Postal Code which should be changed to Zip Code for USA (which is a minior detail but...) because the cost is the same to all States. I tried it with and without Zip/Postal code and nothing happens. It works for Canada and other countries.

This is pretty serious that it does not work at all for USA. I'm not sure what is happening because I just had a sale to the States today, and the buyer paid the correct shipping cost. I don't know if it is just not being shown so a buyer can preview it or maybe it is different for everyone. I know I wouldn't buy anything unless I could see the shipping cost first.

One of the items I checked is: 282802218643

Hi @around_again_records! This is definitely an issue we're aware of and working on. @simeovivia0 has been working on this with the Shipping teams to get it addressed and corrected.

The other issue that's being addressed and worked on is one where Calculated Shipping doesn't appear in the View Item Page, but does display shipping in search results and the shopping cart.

I am working to get an update on these issues and will keep you apprised as I learn more.

I'm also tagging other members who are reporting on the same issues to cut down on the number of repetitious replies I make in this chat Smiley Wink:

FYI: @momcqueen, @flyhooks4less, @gwrocen, @lotzofuniquegoodies

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

wrote:

Hi -  Just wondering why the options to search highest price and lowest price is no longer available as of the past few days?  Those options only appear with shipping added.  I prefer to start searches with just price.  That way I can get a quick idea on the range of prices available.  Adding in shipping just makes searching a more labor intensive and time consuming undertaking.

Hi @forester_studios - It looks like the 'highest' and 'lowest' options still appear for me when I search for an item from a desktop (see attached 'Sort Options')

However, when I look at it from the mobile app, or do a similar search on eBay.com, I do not see those options. I know that on .com, the decision was made so that anyone searching can sort by a potential 'out the door' price rather than also then needing to factor in shipping costs.

If you're looking to do some item research to get an idea of what things have sold for, you can still filter by 'Sold listings' and the option to order by price:highest still shows from the drop down on ebay.com and eBay.ca as well. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I have not been receiving email notifications this year for any of my sold items.

This is a serious concern since it is a vital part of my record keeping.

CSR was notified about this a few weeks ago...

Could you please look into this matter?

Thank you.

Hi @imbuzzy - thanks for letting me know about this. Typically we would ask you to make sure that your Communication preferences are set up properly to receive emails, and that your email account settings are set to allow anything from the "@eBay.com" domain to arrive in your inbox.

There is a known issue that some accounts are experiencing delays in sold notification emails. I've added your account to that ticket, and hope to see it resolved soon. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

wrote:

Hi tyler.  You might remember helping me on facebook last november where my issue with my ebay gift card and  ebay coupon had money "disappear" with the coupon amount also deducted from my gift card.  I assume the same tyler anyway

Forward 2 months and I got  a refund for not received items.  Ebay case looks fine.  paypal entry *looks* like I got a refund...not a cent added back to the gc nor anywhere else.  There is an ebay email attached to the paypal refund...multiple tries and no acknowledgement at all.  So back to facebook and its looked into... and some money gets added to the gift card but not enough .  Facebook tries to say its correct but agrees to look into it further which im awating further reply.  Luckily its a very small amount of money

But I find it very disturbing that not only have I twice now had money "disappear" from a gift card, but that ebay has been getting complaints about exactly the same thing for *YEARS* and done nothing about it

eg multipe reports of EXACTLY the same thing here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/ebay-gift-card-is-a-fraud-if-you-have-a-refund/td-p/25...

So unless the gift card holder watches like a hawk, transactions are looking like everything is fine but you never get the money unless you find someone on ebay to fight with.  Which it appears ebay is very well aware of., which makes this look very shady that it continues to this day.  The paypal transaction for this looks like any other adding money to my account, 

I would certainly NEVER trust an ebay gift card again.   While you were good agreeing with/resolving my issue, the facebook rep is being argumentative.

Hi @tobyshitzu - I'll make sure your feedback is shared. Our Social Media team works hard to make certain they understand and help as they can, and sometimes that means a lot of questions to make sure that they're on the same page.

I anticipate you receiving an update shortly. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us this week! The chat is closed and we'll have a new one open Tuesday evening.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 20
latest reply