November 29th 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi Everyone -

Opening the board for our chat tomorrow. Talk to you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Maybe someone can check into why there has been such a delay , in receiving , sold email notices from ebay.. sometimes it take 4-6 hours for the email, to come, after the actual sale of an item.... this has been ongoing for the last 3-4 days..

On a separate but similar note, the paypal notice of payment received  sometimes takes several hours to show up after payment has been made..

thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

if I type in the word Chernabog in my listings, it shows this Villain Neckties - Chernabog (Fantasia) Disney Pin but if I type in neckties this pin doesn’t show up.  Last year I was punished and wasn’t allowed to list for a full week because I listed an item twice by mistake. How can I make sure this doesn’t happen when it doesn’t show me that I already have item listed.  I get that I could simply type in the extra info but I have many Disney neckties to list and wanted to make sure which were already there.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I have another question about my Disney Pins. Why is it That if someone buys more than one pin, only some can ask for an invoice and others have to pay right away. Why doesn’t everyone have the same options to ask for an invoice. Because of this many people pay for each item one at a time. I sell my pins for an average of $1 a pin so if they pay separately I lose half of it to paypal instead of just a few cents extra for each pin if they are paid for at the same time because each minimum separate fee is about 40 cents

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I got this message from a potential customer

Hello!

I just tried to buy this pattern using PayPal, but I got: "Unfortunately, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:" with my chosen PayPal still listed.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

I can't see anything that would prevent a US customer from buying from me. I have some Blocks against unwanted bidders, but this is definitely a payment issue. The customer was unable even to buy.

Thoughts?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Maybe someone can check into why there has been such a delay , in receiving , sold email notices from ebay.. sometimes it take 4-6 hours for the email, to come, after the actual sale of an item.... this has been ongoing for the last 3-4 days..

On a separate but similar note, the paypal notice of payment received  sometimes takes several hours to show up after payment has been made..

thanks in advance.

Hi @esclyons, thanks for letting me know what you're running into. Is this to your private email or the eBay message center as well? I'm happy to get a report filed for you but will need to know that piece of information.

@If this is about receiving the forwarded message to your private email address will you please also let me know what troubleshooting steps you have already taken? Typically we ask you to make sure that the @ebay.com domain is whitelisted and to check your junk email folder as well.

Feel free to send me a PM with those details!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

if I type in the word Chernabog in my listings, it shows this Villain Neckties - Chernabog (Fantasia) Disney Pin but if I type in neckties this pin doesn’t show up.  Last year I was punished and wasn’t allowed to list for a full week because I listed an item twice by mistake. How can I make sure this doesn’t happen when it doesn’t show me that I already have item listed.  I get that I could simply type in the extra info but I have many Disney neckties to list and wanted to make sure which were already there.

Hi @bunbar - apologies, but I don't quite have enough to go on here. You mention that when you type 'Chernabog' into your listings - do you mean when you add this to a draft listing title? Do you mean when you do a general search? Are you doing a search of your active listings?

Avoiding duplicates can be difficult if you have a large number of items. The quickest way I've found to do a search is to sort your active listings by title and then scan through them looking for duplicate photos, then doing research on the items themselves.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I have another question about my Disney Pins. Why is it That if someone buys more than one pin, only some can ask for an invoice and others have to pay right away. Why doesn’t everyone have the same options to ask for an invoice. Because of this many people pay for each item one at a time. I sell my pins for an average of $1 a pin so if they pay separately I lose half of it to paypal instead of just a few cents extra for each pin if they are paid for at the same time because each minimum separate fee is about 40 cents

Hmm - this is a good question @bunbar. A lot of this comes down to buyer's information as well as site limitations.

As examples:

If your items are on sale a buyer would not be able to request an invoice because you already offer an item discount.

If a buyer uses the 'buy it now' button they will be taken through checkout immediately and asked to pay.

If the item has immediate payment required.

If the item already has free shipping.

If you have a specific transaction you'd like me to take a look at feel free to send me a message with more details!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

That's the problem. I have taken a word from the title (Neckties i this case) and it doesn't show up when I search for this word in my listings, I picked this to show me all the disney neckties so I knew which ones  needed to list (there are many character ties) but it showed me no items. If I type in only Chernabog  it will show me the necktie with this name. Why won't it show me all the disney neckties if I just type in the word necktie so I can see which ones are listed

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

All the items are listed the same way so everyone buying should have the same auctions. Most of my items are buy it now, but only some can buy a bunch and wait for an invoice and others can't

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I got this message from a potential customer

Hello!

I just tried to buy this pattern using PayPal, but I got: "Unfortunately, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:" with my chosen PayPal still listed.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

I can't see anything that would prevent a US customer from buying from me. I have some Blocks against unwanted bidders, but this is definitely a payment issue. The customer was unable even to buy.

Thoughts?

@femmefan1946 - most commonly this is an error associated with the buyer's payment method/checkout, not your own. Occasionally this is related to PayPal limits on the buyer account (if they've never purchased items in a different currency before, etc), but could also have to do with their eBay session. Usually a checkout error would produce an 'error code'.

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen in the future, but if it does I would refer them to Customer Support by phone or social media. If they do reach out on social media I would tell them to grab a screenshot and include it in their message.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

That's the problem. I have taken a word from the title (Neckties i this case) and it doesn't show up when I search for this word in my listings, I picked this to show me all the disney neckties so I knew which ones  needed to list (there are many character ties) but it showed me no items. If I type in only Chernabog  it will show me the necktie with this name. Why won't it show me all the disney neckties if I just type in the word necktie so I can see which ones are listed

Are you searching in Selling Manager? Are you doing a general search on eBay? A search in your store? I want to help but need to know how to isolate how you're searching. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

All the items are listed the same way so everyone buying should have the same auctions. Most of my items are buy it now, but only some can buy a bunch and wait for an invoice and others can't

Certain buyers can have limitations as well - only able to purchase items singly or being unable to 'commit to buy'. I can only speak in generalities without a specific transaction to review. If you have any please feel free to send me a private message with those details!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us - see you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

thanks in advance.

Hi @esclyons - just wanted to circle back with you and let you know that this is currently a known issue that is being worked on.

I've added your account to the ticket but wanted to update the thread here in case other people are also impacted, so they can know to contact Customer Service and have their account added to the the ticket as well. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply