Anyone else frustrated with Ebay 's weak response to cyberattack on members' personal information

Media is  reporting  on  the massive cyberattack  ( hack) on eBay  accounts, but interestingly I see nothing in eBay  "messages"  or  home  page   to alert people to this.  You have to go  looking  under "announcements" to  find a "notice"  to change your password.

Plus apparently this attack took place in February or  March, and eBay  techs just notice  it now?

Come on, eBay,  you guys take 14% in total off everything I sell.  Times that by millions of  eBay transactions.... Surely you can have much better security protection  and notification than for the millions of us who use and pay handsomely for your service as  sellers and  buyers!

At a  minimum,  put a  notice in messages.  Better still, improve your security  and surveillance so issue does not arise on  first place.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Anyone else frustrated with Ebay 's weak response to cyberattack on members' personal information

I learned about the problem on Facebook at work and immediately changed my password. 

Something like this should be front and center on the service's home page, not buried under the community section. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

BTW, could a staff member at eBay tell their technical people to allow copying and pasting on the reset your password page?  I use a password manager to generate ultra-strong passwords and had to manually enter it twice to reset it, instead of using copy and paste.  This is a lame security flaw.  Password managers obfuscate the data from key loggers (that could potentially record my keystrokes).

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply