Leaving soon on an extended vacation. What to do?

Hello Guys,

Need a recommendation as to how to handle my store while away on a 5 month vacation.  Do I just carry on as normal with the vacation notice, do I suspend my store completely?  I realize that there will be very little activity on my store as soon as a potential buyer sees the vacation notice, so I do not see it being a major issue.  I will have access to my account while away and have, in the past, advised buyers that we are away and allow them the opportunity to either wait or refund sale.  Do I have to change any settings on shipping time to stay within eBay's shipping time parameter?  Previously I have told buyers that I would mark their purchase as shipped, even though it won't be mailed for a period of time.  Communication with buyer's is essential.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Five months?

Set everything to GTC and Hide All for sure. Or it’ll be dead when you get back.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Since you can't sell anything, and you will be away for five months, either put your Store on Vacation and hide it completely or close the Store backing up your    200+ listings elsewhere to avoid paying the monthly fee while you are away( about $125).

I realize that there will be very little activity on my store as soon as a potential buyer sees the vacation notice,

Hah!

I accidentally left my Stores visible while away for two weeks and returned to several sales. It cost me extra to use express shipping rather than my usual lettermail and I was lucky that none of my buyers seemed to notice the delayed shipping.

And that was two weeks.

Remember the old adage: "Buyers Don't Read."

I keep a desktop file of pictures and another of Descriptions (with HTML coding) which could be useful if your online listings get fouled up while you are away.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Also, where are you going on a five-month vacation and can we all come along?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Florida is calling
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply