Looking to create a sale from my EBay store

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to create a sale from my store items.  The items I am wanting to do a markdown have been listed on EBay for

3-4 weeks. 

The procedure that I use is as follows:  EBay selling, select Account, Select Marketing Tools, Select Mark Down Manager, Select Create Sale, Select Choose Discount, Select Items.  My list of 204 items appear but should be over 225.  The Items that I am looking for do not appear in these 204 items, even though they have been listed for at least 3 weeks. 

I am puzzled by this and am wondering why these items do not show up in my markdown item list but all appear in my 235+ items for sale.

Anybody?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe that in order to do a sale on .com you have to download sellers hub and use that instead of selling manager or my eBay. You should be able to a sale through the hub but not necessarily using markdown manager, I think that the name of the tool there is Promotions Manager or something similar. If you are having problems using it you may want to ask about it on the .com seller's board.  You may only be able to use seller's hub for listings on .com, not the ones on .ca.     https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

Other than Canadians I don't think that there are many sellers that list on more than one site so when they set up these new programs they don't seem to care whether or not they are compatible across sites.  It does make everything much more complicated imo.  Even if a seller doesn't regularly list on different sites it would make sense to me to have the sites similar to each other just like they were in the past so that when you do go to another site, there are no surprises.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there try to search by store categories or another slower option is item number than you go one by one .Just copy and paste the ID number checked than go for the next one .

Best way is to be done by categories this is what i do 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Are all your items on dotCA or on dotCOM?

If you list on both, that may be the disconnect.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Apparently with the new markdown manager you have to do a sale for .ca listings on .ca and then go to .com to do the sale for those items.  BUT there have been problems reported with the system lately so if I were you, I would wait before starting a sale. I have no idea if it is a problem with the system or a problem with the way it is being done but either way, I would be  wary about using it.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Ebay-IS-CHANGING-MY-PRICES-ON-ITS-OWN/m-p/390048#M...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Are any of those items newly listed? There is always a lag in Markdown Manager finding items that were just listed a moment or minute ago. I wait up to 15 minutes for all my listens to be found before proceeding with creating a sale.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

As I stated, all have been listed 3-4 weeks
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Listed on both. This hadn't been an issue before, but as PJ stated, this has changed.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Thanks PJ, I will look into this.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hello PJ,

I tried your method on dotcom but as soon as got to the markdown manger and clicked on it, my dot com changed to dotca bring up the items that did not include the ones that I am wanting to markdown. Confused?  I am.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@murphcrud wrote:
As I stated, all have been listed 3-4 weeks

At four weeks, they're coming up to renewal. The ones who have renewed may still take time to find. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I don't understand your reply. All of my BIN listings are continuous listings.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

BINs which are GTC renew each 30-day time period. When they renew, it is like an auto-relist. 

Are you still having the problem you described at the onset? Or has it fixed itself?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Same problem still exists
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

With the exact same number of listings? Which are missing? If it's bug, you should report it to tyler. I have ongoing issues with items being relisted that show up as being Not Relisted in Unsold a;although they clearly are. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I just added another item on ca and it appears as an item on my list to create a sale. List increased by 1. Still missing are the 20+ items.
I think that I have found the problem.
PJ touched on it about dotcom items. The items that I am looking for are listed on dotcom Here are two 282760163017 & 282760167095.
Now another problem ----, how do I create a sale on my dotcom items??
I open dotcom and click on Marketing tools and the moment that I click on markdown manager on the left side, dotcom reverts to ca which lists my C$ items only and does not include US$ items. As you can see the two examples are $US items. Ideas?
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I believe that in order to do a sale on .com you have to download sellers hub and use that instead of selling manager or my eBay. You should be able to a sale through the hub but not necessarily using markdown manager, I think that the name of the tool there is Promotions Manager or something similar. If you are having problems using it you may want to ask about it on the .com seller's board.  You may only be able to use seller's hub for listings on .com, not the ones on .ca.     https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

Other than Canadians I don't think that there are many sellers that list on more than one site so when they set up these new programs they don't seem to care whether or not they are compatible across sites.  It does make everything much more complicated imo.  Even if a seller doesn't regularly list on different sites it would make sense to me to have the sites similar to each other just like they were in the past so that when you do go to another site, there are no surprises.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply