Buyer pays shipping for warrantee replacement?

meterpay
Community Member

I bought a product (macbook battery) with a 3 year warrantee which stopped working and bloated out after 6 months. The seller will replace it but they expect me to pay for shipping. Is that cool? My assumption is that I bought a product that was guaranteed to work for at least 3 years so I should not have to fork over any more cash, shipping or otherwise. Am I right?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer protection is only for 45 days after end of sale. Warranties are generally not valid when the item is purchased from a third party. If the seller is willing to honor the warranty, send item back with delivery confirmation or tracking.

If you're waiting to get paid for the shipping cost before returning the item, you will be waiting a long time.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Try taking it to an Apple dealer in your area.

If this was the manufacturer's warranty, you may not have to involve the eBay seller at all.

An Apple store would be preferable to an authorized Apple dealer, just to cut down the number of people in the chain.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I guess I should have mentioned it was a third party (non-apple certified) product, so Apple understandably wouldn't help out in that kind of situation. Thanks for the response.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I assumed the warranty would be valid as it was prominently displayed In the ad "3 YEAR WARRANTY"regardless of ebay buyer protection. I've already paid for shipping for a replacement anyway as it's still significantly less expensive than a genuine Apple replacement, but I feel a bit scammed and am considering adding a critical feedback.
I don't buy a ton of stuff on ebay and I thought that if something has an explicitly stated warranty, the buyer should not be expected to pay ANYTHING (shipping or otherwise) if the product is defective. The seller should assume replacement and shipping costs and get reimbursed from the manufacturer/distributor.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply