Canada Post: Labelope vs. EST Pouch

Hey all,

Could someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) between the "Adhesive Pouches for EST" and "International Labelopes" available from Canada Post's website?  I'm thinking that it might be size, and if so, can anyone tell me how big the International Labelopes are? I currently use the EST pouches but am hoping CP might have something slightly smaller. 

Thanks in advance!

~ Elaine

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Canada Post: Labelope vs. EST Pouch

A labelope is 24cm x 18 cm (9.5" x 7")

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What's the size of the Adhesive Pouch?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Exactly the same, 9.5" x 7".

Silly, isn't it?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I used Labelopes and wasn't aware there was an alternative.

What are adhesive pouches and are the freebies from the CPO?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If I recall correctly, a couple of years back I ordered some of both pouches and they were the same identical labelope. I remember because I was think they were different and was surprised they were identical.

Might not be true today.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

i*m-still-here: they're both free, available from Canada Post. 

I can't speak for the International Labelopes, but I've been using the Adhesive Pouches for EST for years and so far they haven't changed size. I suspect it's the same for the Labelopes.

Since the new Small Packet labels (as of Jan 2013) have changed to a much smaller size (when printed out at Canada Post online, not sure about PayPal) I was hoping to find something smaller. But since I have hundreds of the Adhesive Pouches, I think I'll chop them in half and get one of those cheap plastic bag sealer things to close up the edge. At least they'll last twice as long now, LOL!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have been cutting them down for quite awhile and I just stick it on as usual and seal the open edge with tape and never had a problem. Don't spend money on a bag sealer.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

artofadornment- Nothing to say on the subject, but I wore the Venice Lace neckpiece I bought from you to FutureCon in Toronto at New Year's and got many compliments as usual. It goes with my Sophisticated Witch cosplay at Cons as nicely as it does with my Casual Friday shirt and jeans.

Doesn't work with the Nanny Ogg cosplay, though. She's more into FairIsle cardies and cats with an unfortunate smell.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply