Canada Post increases postal tates by up to 60% in 2014

Canada post jumping postal tates 60% March 31st - Sellers like me will be greatly impacted!!

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Canada Post increases postal tates by up to 60% in 2014

What was really steaming my clams was this new global shipping.

I talked a seller into sending me an item priority.

The glabal shipping was 52.00.

Well that still saved me because even though my item was charged duties they were less than half.

The Global Shipping Program charges the import costs (duty, tax and a processing fee) at the time of purchase. Not when the parcel arrives.

Do you mean that you were charged again when you picked up your parcel?

If so, someone owes you money for the double payment.

the only Sales that will last are specialty and maybe the odd seller who either doesnt know what he's doing or one who is very very savy about shipping.

Yes. It is important to know what your actual costs are when you are selling. And part of that is being very aware of shipping costs and their impact on our buyers.

Now I see Canada will be following suit.

Not on the Global Shipping Program, which was specifically designed to encourage xenophobic American sellers to offer their wares outside the Lower 48.

Shoppers Drugmart is where I have to go to pick up my parcels and nibody even bothers to tell me they have arrived!

This is very poor service on the part of your Postal Outlet. I would suggest your first step would be to talk to the store manager about this problem.

Now they want 60% more.

Again is this a reference to the March increase in Canadian postal costs? Is it a reference to the postal outlet collecting already paid import charges?

The poor service by Shopper's is the responsibility of Canada Post, but not the fault of Canada Post. I would suggest going to the actual Post Office and complaining about this to your postmaster.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

Harper is cutting on service and raising stamps and shipping cost,what a go Mr.Harper

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

As much as I hate paying Harper postage price increases, at least we have the ability to complain if  Canada Post screws up, my last two Shipments  through USPS the  items ( book) (dash gauges) were wrecked and soaked, both arrived taped up with USPS tape, try and put a claim in and you could end up with a spot of rendition in Gitmo. Canadapost  is expensive but honest, unlike cheap and straight as a banana south of the fence. Same goes for shipping to the EU, there are a number of good  direct not via them down there.

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

A buyer who receives damaged goods from an eBay seller should not bother with USPS.

Your protection as a buyer is from

a) the seller

who may or may not refund

b) Paypal

which probably will refund, but will require you to return the items to the seller(s) with Confirmation of Delivery.

c) your credit card

if PP doesn't refund. Cards have longer deadlines and some do not require proof of delivery on a return if you can show proof of mailing. It varies.

But the insurance on the parcel is bought by the seller and would be payable to the seller.

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

"Suggest you try and check out PayPal Shipping and compare the prices, time for you to do that so you can understand.  Okay?  "

But, since you're so enthusiastic about pointing out that the Paypal shipping label method is way cheaper, can you give us an example ?

Reasonable request.

Message 45 of 49
latest reply

If you use paypal shipping expedited parcel Canada and USA is about 18% less expensive than what you would pay at the counter for regular parcel. Tracked packet USA and international has a discount of about 14% and Xpresspost is 8-9% off.Lettermail isn't available on Paypal and there is no discount for small or light packet.

Message 46 of 49
latest reply

It is no mystery! It's already stated that this mob intends to destroy Canada Post,so it can be handed to "Private Enterprise"@ a great profit! There is no PROFIT but C<V<C",&  Adam Smith is his Prophet!!                                               

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

NECRO THREAD ALERT

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

Well it has already impacted the E Bay and any other USA sellers,,,nobody will pay those rates they now shop at stores that may sell here in Canada now. The  USA /  Canadian  POST on both sides of the border    (USA  and Canada will suffer. I now buy from Europe and China now and a hell of a lot cheaper as they charge NO SHIPPING.   AND FASTER SERVICE

WHERE IS THIS  FREE TRADE THAT WE HAVE WITH THE STATES  IT'S JUST BULL**bleep** RATES RISING AS THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT DON'T WANT YOU TO SPEND YOUR MONEY OUT OF CANADA.  DON'T WE STILL HAVE THE  (RIGHT ) TO CHOOSE ANYMORE. IT SEEM NOT 

Message 49 of 49
latest reply