Due to international shipping I need an invoice which includes shipping costs

caseyc2
Community Member

Due to international shipping I need an invoice which includes shipping costs. Ebay has blocked my  payment until I have a correct invoice.I have emailed the seller 6 times over the last two weeks to request an invoice with the shipping fees and so far the only answer that I have received is an unpaid item case.No other emails and no invoice. I'm not quite sure why Ebay would block my payment before I receive an invoice but allow the sell to procede with a claim and not block the claim until he has done his job and sent an invoice.So far customer service at ebay has been no help. My situation does not come up on their list of issues.Does any body have any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I suggest you bypass the online customer service and call - choose Help & Contact>Buying>Paying for Items>Trouble Paying for an Item>Contact us (at the bottom of the page)>Call Us - you will get the toll-free number and a one-time code.  There is an option for eBay CS to call you, but lately several posters have reported they never received a call back.

Have all the details handy, item number, unpaid item case reference, and explain that you have been unable to pay and have not received an invoice with shipping costs.  Hopefully your messages to the seller were through eBay Messages and not your private email account, because eBay can review those sent through their platform.  eBay should close the case while you are on the phone with them.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes to what the other Community members have said. I would also note that if this item proceeded to close as an Unpaid Item Strike on your account, you can call ebay and they will most likely forgive it for you. Customer Service Reps will almost always wipe the first UI strike from your record if they can see it was an honest mistake. They may be less forgiving if it was, for example, for sixth within the year.....

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@caseyc2 wrote:

Due to international shipping I need an invoice which includes shipping costs. Ebay has blocked my  payment until I have a correct invoice.I have emailed the seller 6 times over the last two weeks to request an invoice with the shipping fees and so far the only answer that I have received is an unpaid item case.No other emails and no invoice. I'm not quite sure why Ebay would block my payment before I receive an invoice but allow the sell to procede with a claim and not block the claim until he has done his job and sent an invoice.

If the seller does not ship to Canada then the seller does not have to send you an invoice.  If the seller DID intend to ship to Canada they probably already had a shipping fee on it so because there was none my guess is that the seller doesn't ship here, just didn't set up the listings right to exclude international. 

EBay is not "blocking" your payment, its just that obviously a buyer can't pay an invoice where there is no shipping fee.  I would agree that the seller is VERY rude and inconsiderate to not at least send you a message saying they are sorry but they don't ship here and that is why no invoice. 

The Unpaid Item thing isn't personal, just that the seller wants to get those selling fees back.  A seller is charged immediately after you click to buy.  Even before you have paid, even before you CAN pay.  The seller is probably wondering how you managed to buy an item when they don't ship to Canada. 

Most likely the seller does not know how to set listings up to properly exclude some countries. 

I have never seen an Unpaid Item from the buyer's perspective but if I were in your situation I would click on any links demanding payment and try to pay that way.  When that failed, I would call eBay's Customer Service and tell them about the UI case and say that I keep trying to pay but it won't let me. 

You probably won't ever end up getting the item or the invoice, but at this point you want to get rid of the UI case that is a black mark on your record.  EBay's CS may be able to do that. 

In future, make sure there is a shipping fee BEFORE you buy.  If you don't see one, contact the seller and let them know exactly where you live and ask how much it will cost to ship to you. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I suggest you bypass the online customer service and call - choose Help & Contact>Buying>Paying for Items>Trouble Paying for an Item>Contact us (at the bottom of the page)>Call Us - you will get the toll-free number and a one-time code.  There is an option for eBay CS to call you, but lately several posters have reported they never received a call back.

Have all the details handy, item number, unpaid item case reference, and explain that you have been unable to pay and have not received an invoice with shipping costs.  Hopefully your messages to the seller were through eBay Messages and not your private email account, because eBay can review those sent through their platform.  eBay should close the case while you are on the phone with them.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes to what the other Community members have said. I would also note that if this item proceeded to close as an Unpaid Item Strike on your account, you can call ebay and they will most likely forgive it for you. Customer Service Reps will almost always wipe the first UI strike from your record if they can see it was an honest mistake. They may be less forgiving if it was, for example, for sixth within the year.....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply